23AA doesn't seem that great

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qaztake82

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

You have 3.9 with 23AA, and still complaining. Get the hell out of here, people like you make me sick. Get a life dude :mad:

You're right, your 23 blows considering the new DAT score is out of 50! That's below 50%! I strongly encourage to retake it immediately! Aim for 42/45, good luck.

Yah-e is right on the money. I guess you can make up a lie and say you had a hangover while taking the DAT

Members don't see this ad :)
ok i thought he was joking around, but i am beggining to really believe that he is actually asking what he is.

you are right YAHE, how could he get in with a 50 %? no question about retaking it in 90 days. i'd start studying now if i were you kaztaq

Speaking of interviews and such, why do some schools require a picture? It seems a little odd. I don't mind and all, because I have a 2x2 ready... I just don't see the justification for wanting/needing it. It'd be like asking a religious question during an int. -- a non sequiter

You probably wont even be competing with most of the people from this board due to everyone being spread out all over america. But seriously, you have alright grades, your personality is going to make or break you now. Instead of asking the board if we think you will get accepted, look in the mirror and ask yourself, Do I have the personality to get accepted?

I had 24AA but out of 8 schools, I was offered only 2 interviews and was rejected by every schools.

I had to beg my way into one school. I asked them to reconsider after I got a rejection letter, and thank god they did! ;)

It's your choice if you want to take a chance with your 23AA.
Good luck.

qaztake82 said:
why does it seam to me like that my 23AA is not that great. cause i have been goin over the posts from the last month and no one has gotten anything below a 20 and many have gotten a 22-23.

should i still worry about not getting in?? or do i just have too much free time on my hands.

1FutureDDS said:
You probably wont even be competing with most of the people from this board due to everyone being spread out all over america. But seriously, you have alright grades, your personality is going to make or break you now. Instead of asking the board if we think you will get accepted, look in the mirror and ask yourself, Do I have the personality to get accepted?

very good advice!

dane4695 said:
Speaking of interviews and such, why do some schools require a picture? It seems a little odd. I don't mind and all, because I have a 2x2 ready... I just don't see the justification for wanting/needing it. It'd be like asking a religious question during an int. -- a non sequiter

I believe for med school, they ask for a photo so they can put a face with a file. When adcoms talk about candidates, seeing the face jogs back memories of the person. Probably dental adcoms use the photo for the same reason.

drat said:
I believe for med school, they ask for a photo so they can put a face with a file. When adcoms talk about candidates, seeing the face jogs back memories of the person. Probably dental adcoms use the photo for the same reason.
Or just so they can pick out the hotties and say to heck with everyone else, which is of course what they really do.

We all think that DATs and GPAs and LORs are sooooo important, but what's really the determining factor for admission is: are you a hottie?

If not, guy or gal, you better send in a picture of someone else. (I know I did.)

[size=-3]yes, I'm kidding[/size] :laugh:

dane4695 said:

The dental schools use your picture to determine if they will send you an invite to their school. They hold your picture up to a "shade" scale and if your darker than their cut-off shade your application goes in the trash! My advice.....stay out of the sun to give yourself the best chance of getting in :D

I guess my hispanic genes are gonna bite me in the butt, I tan to easy!

obviously they asked for pics so they can check out your smile. so, smile big and purty! do you really want a dentist with crappy teeth? *shudder*

i really do hope that the interview will play a huge role. my gpa isn't too purty, but (hopefully) i know once i get my foot in the door (the interview) i will grind and smile and stare them down till i get in.

eric275 said:
The dental schools use your picture to determine if they will send you an invite to their school. They hold your picture up to a "shade" scale and if your darker than their cut-off shade your application goes in the trash! My advice.....stay out of the sun to give yourself the best chance of getting in :D

I guess my hispanic genes are gonna bite me in the butt, I tan to easy!

That is some good comedy Perfect!