Feb 21, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Can anyone give me tips on how to study for the DAT? I take it beginning of June and need a high score. If anyone made a high score, can you tell me what you did and how long you studied. I have Bootcamp, pat destroyer and all of the destroyer books. I do not know how to begin. Please help. Thank you!

Nov 19, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Can anyone give me tips on how to study for the DAT? I take it beginning of June and need a high score. If anyone made a high score, can you tell me what you did and how long you studied. I have Bootcamp, pat destroyer and all of the destroyer books. I do not know how to begin. Please help. Thank you!
There are countless write-ups on the DAT forum from high scorers. Just search for them

memelover

2+ Year Member
May 15, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Everyone's different, so it might take you longer or shorter to orient yourself with the DAT material. For me, I took 6 weeks to study but devoted 6-8 hours per day for study. Some people can (or have to due to other obligations and responsibilities) study for shorter periods of time and achieve high scores. See how you do according to Ari's bootcamp schedule and see whether you could go faster or slower, or if you'll need more time focusing on one subject than another. If you haven't already scheduled your DAT, try to schedule it a week after you think you'll be done with going over the material and practice problems/exams just in case things pop up and delay your schedule.

I liked Bootcamp for its review material across all subjects, but I thought the destroyer was better for QR. The destroyer is also a great source for problems (and their solutions), so definitely try to complete the destroyer books; you can also try making an "exam" out of the questions in the destroyer books to simulate test-taking scenarios in addition to the Bootcamp practice exams.

About the Ads
Dec 10, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I agree with the poster above, shoot for the 30 and see where you end up. I went for the 30 (except for RC lol) and ended up with a 25AA 26TS and 25PAT. I studied both chemistrys for about 2 months last summer, devoting about 7 hours every day for 6 days a week while taking 3 summer classes. I took a break from studying for the semester. Then for winter break, I studied 8-10 hours a day for 6 days a week, for 8 weeks. It sounds like a lot, but if you set daily goals, it honestly feels shorter. My two highest scores were 30OC and 28GC (the 2 subjects I spent the most time in!!) which goes to show hard work, time, and effort really do pay off.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.