24 Hours to Go!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FCIllini

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well .... I'm taking the real thing tomorrow morning at 10a.m. Just wanted to thank y'all for your instruction & insight into preparing for the test. This truly is a great forum for advice & direction (even though y'all are scaring me half to death since the average DAT score in here seems be close to 24).

I've compared my TopScore and Kaplan practice tests to all of yours, made sure I'm within the correct range to make an appropriate 2-3 point increase, and have come to this conclusion .... It doesn't really matter what one makes on the practice tests, everyone is different; everyone takes tests differently; everyone performs different under pressure. While I do believe a high percentage of students do show an increase in scores on the real test, the variations from one student to the next don't matter & they don't mean a thing.

That being said .... after work this afternoon, I'm going to go home, read as much of the AP Kaplan Bio book that I can get through again, get to bed at a decent time, say a prayer & then .... well.... go from there.

Members don't see this ad.

FCIllini said:
Well .... I'm taking the real thing tomorrow morning at 10a.m. Just wanted to thank y'all for your instruction & insight into preparing for the test. This truly is a great forum for advice & direction (even though y'all are scaring me half to death since the average DAT score in here seems be close to 24).

I've compared my TopScore and Kaplan practice tests to all of yours, made sure I'm within the correct range to make an appropriate 2-3 point increase, and have come to this conclusion .... It doesn't really matter what one makes on the practice tests, everyone is different; everyone takes tests differently; everyone performs different under pressure. While I do believe a high percentage of students do show an increase in scores on the real test, the variations from one student to the next don't matter & they don't mean a thing.

That being said .... after work this afternoon, I'm going to go home, read as much of the AP Kaplan Bio book that I can get through again, get to bed at a decent time, say a prayer & then .... well.... go from there.

Good luck dude! I'm taking mine tomorrow afternoon...I have mixed feelings: a little test anxiety, and a lot of lets get this over with wheres my bud light!

BenignDMD said:
Good luck dude! I'm taking mine tomorrow afternoon...I have mixed feelings: a little test anxiety, and a lot of lets get this over with wheres my bud light!

Good luck to you too!! Months of studying for a few hours of undescribable fear.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure you'll do fine! In a day or two you'll be back here posting your 20+ scores. It sounds like you've put in your time and effort and that usually pays off!

dat_student said:
Mocha, r u taking the DAt today? ;)

good luck to you guys! I'm taking the test this Friday, the 29th...trying to stay calm and positive, as best as I can.

yebin012 said:
good luck to you guys! I'm taking the test this Friday, the 29th...trying to stay calm and positive, as best as I can.

wow, theres so much support it almost sounds like a family in here.. lets do a group computer hug, awww. jk.. i hope i get the same support when aug rolls around.. all i gotta say is, you've guys sound like uve prepared enough and its time to just smash it out of the park... Good luck and may the shortz be with you.

what happened? hope you did well. post your observation and your experiance.