24 TS 24 AA 22 PAT Breakdown!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abc30

Reaction score
I took my test today and I thought I would write a breakdown of my scores to provide hope/ affirmation once you see my scores when I first started LOOOL

I used both DAT Booster, Destroyer, and Bootcamp to prepare for this test. Overall, I personally preferred Booster price wise and material wise because I straight up saw more than a few questions very similar to the ones I solved on Booster.

PAT (22) - I was averaging 20 ish on my practice tests and my biggest weakness in the world was angle ranking. I decided to just strengthen the other sections and pray. The PAT section is for SURE EASIER BROTHERS AND SISTERS (except angle ranking for me
๐Ÿ™
). If you are averaging 20, I think you are in amazing shape for the real thing. As people say, it does seem easier and the answers are less difficult to figure out (again except angle ranking for me LOL)

Bio (26) - I attached a photo for reference but for Bio it is more about straight up memorization than comprehension. I studied by doing 1000 cards a day through Anki and made the interval maximum to be every 2 days. This made it so I was exposed constantly to the material. However, if you just use Anki I think it's difficult to understand how everything connects and where everything is, especially reproduction and endocrine system. So, I also made notes by opening Feralis and Bootcamp notes (the long one) side by side. Feralis has more information, so it was helpful in filling material that wasn't in Bootcamp. I drew a lot of pictures in my notes, so they were a visual and helpful aid to look at when I forget where something was in a pathway. Also bio is significantly less detailed than the practice tests in both Booster and Bootcamp. So, I look forward to your success
๐Ÿ˜‰

Chem (27) - Significantly easier than Bootcamp or Booster and WAY significantly easier than Destroyer. I feel Destroyer is good in humbling yourself and it really humbled me. I went through Destroyer 2 times for Chem and it was especially helpful in allowing me to see patterns in where I was weak in. I made notes for Chem using both Bootcamp and Booster. They both have very good chemistry and I think both are excellent resources. For chemistry, exposure to different questions is important.

Ochem (22) - I personally thought I did better than what I actually got for Ochem. I would like to mention I am absolute trash in Ochem and had the worst foundation for it. If you think you are bad at Ochem, please look at my 13 DAT score and think no lmao Kay is worse. For Ochem, I tried to sit through Chad and the other resource videos, but I did not have the time so I got the Ochem as a Second Language Book. LET ME JUST SAY - IT IS LITERALLY THE BEST OCHEM RESOURCE IF YOU HAVE A POOR FOUNDATION. I used the book to build my understanding and solved every question in it. Once a week, I also filled out a blank reaction sheet from Bootcamp to make sure I remembered the reactions. I also went through Destroyer once, which again was very useful. Like chem, exposure is important.

RC (22) - Reading comprehension was always my highest score so I was shook to the crook. The RC from Bootcamp is easier than the real test. The RC of Booster is most representative - you can also tell by my scores. I did not practice RC besides solving the practice tests then quickly going through my mistakes.

QR (21) - I do not have advice for this section because I am not that good at QR. I did Math Destroyer briefly, but I stopped because I did not have time. I would recommend doing all practice tests along with the extra questions. I should have
๐Ÿ™

OVERALL MAIN ADVICE: Do the practice tests and make sure to go over each and every single mistake. I tried to write them into a notebook at first, but your wrists are important!! Instead, while going through each section, I had a post it next to me to write what I learned from the question. I got what I learned and cross referenced to my notes and made a cheat sheet. I attached a picture of it. Every other day, I rewrote the cheat sheet and used this time to reorganize and make sure I knew what I messed up on. Additionally, I would practice using full lengths, so you know what its like on test day. PM me if you have any questions/concerns! I am here for you :))))))) YOU GOT THIS MANIFEST YOUR SUCCESSSSSSSS
๐Ÿคฉ
๐Ÿ˜Ž

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 8.46.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 8.46.11 PM.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.56.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.56.19 PM.png
    651.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.56.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.56.40 PM.png
    498.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.56.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 10.56.55 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I took my test today and I thought I would write a breakdown of my scores to provide hope/ affirmation once you see my scores when I first started LOOOL

I used both DAT Booster, Destroyer, and Bootcamp to prepare for this test. Overall, I personally preferred Booster price wise and material wise because I straight up saw more than a few questions very similar to the ones I solved on Booster.

PAT (22) - I was averaging 20 ish on my practice tests and my biggest weakness in the world was angle ranking. I decided to just strengthen the other sections and pray. The PAT section is for SURE EASIER BROTHERS AND SISTERS (except angle ranking for me
๐Ÿ™
). If you are averaging 20, I think you are in amazing shape for the real thing. As people say, it does seem easier and the answers are less difficult to figure out (again except angle ranking for me LOL)

Bio (26) - I attached a photo for reference but for Bio it is more about straight up memorization than comprehension. I studied by doing 1000 cards a day through Anki and made the interval maximum to be every 2 days. This made it so I was exposed constantly to the material. However, if you just use Anki I think it's difficult to understand how everything connects and where everything is, especially reproduction and endocrine system. So, I also made notes by opening Feralis and Bootcamp notes (the long one) side by side. Feralis has more information, so it was helpful in filling material that wasn't in Bootcamp. I drew a lot of pictures in my notes, so they were a visual and helpful aid to look at when I forget where something was in a pathway. Also bio is significantly less detailed than the practice tests in both Booster and Bootcamp. So, I look forward to your success
๐Ÿ˜‰

Chem (27) - Significantly easier than Bootcamp or Booster and WAY significantly easier than Destroyer. I feel Destroyer is good in humbling yourself and it really humbled me. I went through Destroyer 2 times for Chem and it was especially helpful in allowing me to see patterns in where I was weak in. I made notes for Chem using both Bootcamp and Booster. They both have very good chemistry and I think both are excellent resources. For chemistry, exposure to different questions is important.

Ochem (22) - I personally thought I did better than what I actually got for Ochem. I would like to mention I am absolute trash in Ochem and had the worst foundation for it. If you think you are bad at Ochem, please look at my 13 DAT score and think no lmao Kay is worse. For Ochem, I tried to sit through Chad and the other resource videos, but I did not have the time so I got the Ochem as a Second Language Book. LET ME JUST SAY - IT IS LITERALLY THE BEST OCHEM RESOURCE IF YOU HAVE A POOR FOUNDATION. I used the book to build my understanding and solved every question in it. Once a week, I also filled out a blank reaction sheet from Bootcamp to make sure I remembered the reactions. I also went through Destroyer once, which again was very useful. Like chem, exposure is important.

RC (22) - Reading comprehension was always my highest score so I was shook to the crook. The RC from Bootcamp is easier than the real test. The RC of Booster is most representative - you can also tell by my scores. I did not practice RC besides solving the practice tests then quickly going through my mistakes.

QR (21) - I do not have advice for this section because I am not that good at QR. I did Math Destroyer briefly, but I stopped because I did not have time. I would recommend doing all practice tests along with the extra questions. I should have
๐Ÿ™

OVERALL MAIN ADVICE: Do the practice tests and make sure to go over each and every single mistake. I tried to write them into a notebook at first, but your wrists are important!! Instead, while going through each section, I had a post it next to me to write what I learned from the question. I got what I learned and cross referenced to my notes and made a cheat sheet. I attached a picture of it. Every other day, I rewrote the cheat sheet and used this time to reorganize and make sure I knew what I messed up on. Additionally, I would practice using full lengths, so you know what its like on test day. PM me if you have any questions/concerns! I am here for you :))))))) YOU GOT THIS MANIFEST YOUR SUCCESSSSSSSS
๐Ÿคฉ
๐Ÿ˜Ž
:love:Congratulations abc30 on these amazing scores!

Thanks for giving back to the SDN community with a thorough breakdown, I am sure it will help other students as they plan their strategy to face the DAT Beast.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy, #think30

Reactions: 1 user