Test Tools 25 FREE iPhone/iPod touches Apps from Modality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modality

Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To mark SDN Test Prep Week, Modality is raffling off $1,000 worth of free products to the students who participate in our discussions.

Browse our selection!

Answer these brief questions and you'll be entered to win the Modality medical app of your choice:

1) Do you have an iPhone or an iPod touch?

2) How do you discover new applications? Browsing the Apple App Store, word of mouth, other (please describe)

3) What percentage of your app purchases are education-related? If there were more relevant products for your area of study, would you spend more?

4) What percentage of your purchases are made from the handheld device versus on a computer?

5) Have you ever reviewed a product in the App Store? Why or why not?

Thanks and good luck studying!

Members don't see this ad.

1) Yes, iPhone 3G
2) Typically through word of mouth or RSS feeds
3) I'd say 20-30% are for education. Yes, I'm always looking for more useful medical apps.
4) About 50-50 I think. I'm more likely to download free apps on the phone, but if I have to pay for something I might want to think it over and read reviews on the computer.
5) Not yet, just haven't gotten around to it.

1. Yes, iPhone 3G.
2. Browse app store and talking with friends.
3. I have on spent money on medically related applications, all others that I have are free.
4. I make more from the computer so I can easily review and preview them.
5. Yes, I have previously reviewed a Modality item that I purchased and found very helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Not yet. I do have a PDA phone but I will be purchasing an Iphone in March.

2) I talk to my friends who have medical applications, and I actually have a list of programs I am going to purchase once I buy the phone.

3) On my PDA phone, I have 3 really solid medical applications. I use them pretty much everyday on the wards.

4) Right now I only buy from my computer.

5) I haven't done this yet. I may once I get my Iphone.

1) No. I use a Windows Mobile Professional device (Palm Treo 800w).
2) Word of mouth.
3) I would definitely spend more if there were higher-quality titles available on this platform.
4) I purchase 100% from the computer.
5) Although I had an iPod Touch at one point, I didn't get to review a product at the App Store b/c I didn't feel very strongly about the products they offered on that platform.

1) Not yet, heavily considering an iPhone though
2) Just browsed so far but for my old PDA it was mainly through online reviews.
3) If they were good/solid programs then yes. Probably about 50/50 on edu-related programs vs leisure ones.
4) None right now.
5) Not yet, don't own an iPhone/iTouch. Probably would if I did though

1) No I currently use a blackberry but am considering iphone 3G
2) Typically through student doctor.net
3) I'd say 35-45% are for education. I pretty much am always looking for more useful medical apps so I would spend more
4) Almost all on the handheld device - its quicker and easier
5) Not yet, wasn't aware that it could be done!

1) Not yet, been thinking a lot about getting an iphone lately
2) been browsing the apple store for information
3) None right now. If there were programs that were worth it, definitely.
4) all my purchases are done on a computer
5) I haven't yet, since I don't own an iPhone/iTouch. If I did though, I probably would

1)No.
2)Word of mouth, featured applications.
3)As of now, 0%.
4)5%-95% handheld/computer. Occasionally buy ringtones, but mostly use computer to read reviews of products and buy them.
5)No, don't use many apps currently enough to review them.

1. Yes, iPhone 3G
2. Mainly from review sites for iPhone apps, but also by word of mouth and occasionally browsing the app store
3. 50% of my purchases so far have been education related. I would certainly be willing to spend more (and am currently planning on spending more)
4. None. So far I haven't made any purchases directly from my iPhone
5. Yes. I review apps if I find them especially helpful so that others can hopefully find a useful app in less time than it took me to stumble upon it.

1) I have an original 8gb iPhone

2) I discover Apps by browsing the App store and via macforums.com

3) I would say 60% of my App purchases to date are education/medical related. If there were more relevant products I would prefer to test drive them before actually spending $$ on them.

4) I've maybe purchased/downloaded about 10% of the apps I have on my iPhone.

5) I have not reviewed any app in the App store yet because I haven't felt compelled to do so.

Thanks!
-Fozziewan

1) Do you have an iPhone or an iPod touch? Not yet, I'll be getting one when my third year starts. My only hesitation is the whole AT&T thing to be honest. But I'll deal.

2) How do you discover new applications? Browsing the Apple App Store, word of mouth, other (please describe) Word of mouth I'm already a Mac person and I hear about things from my friends.

3) What percentage of your app purchases are education-related? If there were more relevant products for your area of study, would you spend more? None yet, I'm sure that will increase substantially 3rd year.

4) What percentage of your purchases are made from the handheld device versus on a computer? 0% I feel more comfortable purchasing on a computer. I'm sure that will still be true when I get the iphone.

5) Have you ever reviewed a product in the App Store? Why or why not? No. Just never taken the time.

To mark SDN Test Prep Week, Modality is raffling off $1,000 worth of free products to the students who participate in our discussions.

Browse our selection!

Answer these brief questions and you'll be entered to win the Modality medical app of your choice:

2) How do you discover new applications? Browsing the Apple App Store, word of mouth, other (please describe)

3) What percentage of your app purchases are education-related? If there were more relevant products for your area of study, would you spend more?

4) What percentage of your purchases are made from the handheld device versus on a computer?

1. iPhone 3G
2. Word of mouth/browse app store
3. 75% education related
4. 75% from iPhone
5. Not yet. Most of the apps speak for themselves

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Do you have an iPhone or an iPod touch? IPod Touch :)

2) How do you discover new applications? Browsing the Apple App Store, word of mouth, other (please describe)Browsing the Apple App store and word of mouth....

3) What percentage of your app purchases are education-related? If there were more relevant products for your area of study, would you spend more?50/50 but will probably spend more and have more for reivews (like while waiting in line for stuff)

4) What percentage of your purchases are made from the handheld device versus on a computer?From computer....since need reliable wifi for the Ipod touch....

5) Have you ever reviewed a product in the App Store? Why or why not?Nope not yet, time and still looking for the one app that knocks my socks off...

Not yet.

recommendation of professor and friends

~80% of my Apple purchase are education-related. I would spend more if it had more products relavant for my major.

None. All purchases were made from computer.

Not yet. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I'm in App, so I never have enough time to fully make a review on it before I run off to see something else.

1) iPhone 3

2) Both, through browsing the App Store and by word of mouth

3) 60% of the apps are for Education/Reference... 40% for games/get my mind off stuff. But yeah, if there were more relevant products for my area of study, medicine, I would definitely spend more time browsing/buying medical apps.

4) I make all my purchases from a handheld device, none by computer.

5) No, I haven't reviewed any apps yet... none have blown my mind (in either direction). Plus most of the time, the comments that are already there are sufficient.

Yes, IPOD Touch
Word of mouth
<1%, probably not, I am offered UpToDate through my school and am generally happy with it
100% Computer
Nope, havent bought many apps

No, but i want to have iphone 3G for my medical studying in clinical

Word of mounth, my friend uses it and she told me that it was very well

50% i will spend more these relevant products for my studying and load many programs . i think it must be much more comfortable than carrying the text books all the time

50% computer and 50% handheld device

some times, i think the App Store designed their products with beautiful styles that make me interest such as their notebooks

1) Do you have an iPhone or an iPod touch? NO

2) How do you discover new applications? Browsing the Apple App Store, word of mouth, other (please describe) PROBABLY WOULD DO BOTH

3) What percentage of your app purchases are education-related? If there were more relevant products for your area of study, would you spend more? I WOULD GET EDUCATION RELATED APPS. I MIGHT SPEND MORE DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH MORE

RIGHT NOW I JUST HAVE AND USE COMPUTER

NO, BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE AN iPHONE or iTOUCH YET. BUT I WOULD IF I DID AND REALLY LIKED AN APP

1) Do you have an iPhone or an iPod touch? yes - iPod touch

2) How do you discover new applications? Browsing the Apple App Store, word of mouth, other (please describe) - browsing the Apple App Store

3) What percentage of your app purchases are education-related? If there were more relevant products for your area of study, would you spend more? - depends on the app-quality, usability

4) What percentage of your purchases are made from the handheld device versus on a computer? - purchases made on computer

5) Have you ever reviewed a product in the App Store? Why or why not? No - time constraints.

1. Not as of yet but will be getting a iPod touch in a few weeks :soexcited:
2. Here on this thread and I think these are wonderful applications
3. If I did have an iPod I would say over 50% at least
4. I would use the handheld device much more than the computer
5. Not yet because I do not own a iPod touch or phone at this time

1) ipod touch
2) browsing
3) about 50% are education related. if there were more apps I would buy more.
4) almost all on the computer
5) Not yet, I just havent gotten around to doing it

iPod Touch (16GB)

I never use the Apple App Store, it almost always from word of mouth (other med students or recent grads), or information on a forum like this where the opinions are reliable.

These days all of the app purchases are education related. Even with increased relevancy I'm still on a student's budget which is fixed so I wouldn't be able to spend more even if I wanted to. If the product was beyond my financial means I would have to forgo purchasing the product. :-/

I prefer purchasing on the computer (so I can document the transaction more effeciently). Also since I'm limited to WiFi hot spots and wireless internet my web access is not consistant.

I don't use apples site, I would be more inclined to buy from the manufacturer. right now I'm mainly using my iPod to listen to audio lectures from school, watch videos for review of topics, and occassionally listen to music :) If I used a product and liked it I would definitly review it though. I figure other people would value my opinion just as much as I value theirs when I look at reviews.

1) No. Currently have a Curve, but I'm switching to an Iphone this month.
2) Word of mouth, forums & web searching
3) 100% of my apps are educational
4) All from the computer
5) Not yet. Perhaps when I get my Iphone....

1) I do not currently own either. I am highly interested in the ipod touch.
2) Browsing the app store.
3) I currently have not bought any applications.
4) 100% of my purchases are currently made to my computer.
5) Since I have yet to purchase an iphone/ipod touch, I have not had the chance to review an app.

No, neither.

Word of mouth - I've seen residents using med-related apps on their iPhones, so I've asked them about it.

If I had an iPhone, probably >50% of app purchases would be education-related.

Have not purchased apps.

No - do not have apps.

1) Not yet
2) Web searching>word of mouth>app store
3)50%
4) Yes
5) Yes, since I started college I have been through 4 Ipods. I also purchase some of the accessories such as the car charger and direct connect cables etc.

iPhone 3g
app store, word of mouth, lifehacker.com

30%
yes

90% on iPhone

no, no time to review them, i'm an intern!
[/QUOTE]

Ipod touch

App Store, word of mouth
40%
90% handheld
No, haven't taken the time

no not yet :(
usually word of mouth, usaully my friends have good apps that appeal to me
If I had an iPhone, probably 20-50% of app purchases would be education-related
if i had the iphone or touch it i think would end up being a 50/50 split or close to it 5) Have you ever reviewed a product in the App Store? Why or why not?
well if owned/used an app then i would probably rate the really good ones or really bad ones

1) Yes, iPhone 3G
2) Mostly through word of mouth, but also through the Top 25 feature
3) I'd say about 20%
4) about 90%
5) Yes, once for Modality's Pocket Medical Spanish.

Thanks.

Browse our selection!

No, but I'd like one.

I learn about apps by word of mouth.

Currently I own a palm, and the apps I use are 75% related to my field.
Yes I would spend money on useful ed-related apps.

All are made via computer because I do not have wi-fi. That's why I want an ipod touch

No. I don't have an Ipod

No, but I would love to have one!

The Apple Store; I shop for iTunes music & see adverstisement for them around

If I had an iPhone, it will be 20-30%. Yes, I would spend more if there were more relevant products in my study area.

30-50% if I had an iPhone.

No, I don't have time :/

Thanks!

1) No, but I plan to get one if I don't win this contest.

2) I do spend time on the app store (drooling) and also read some blogs (Lifehacker, Gizmodo) about new iphone apps

3) I plan to spend 20-50% of my purchases on educational/school realted apps and would spend more if there was a good program that would help my training.

4) Probably at least half if I had an iphone.

5)No, i don't have an iphone yet but i will review once I have my iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.