Step I 250 on NBME.....PLS ADVICE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

musiclover1

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys

I just took the NBME form 6 and I got 250 (148)!!! Yikes! I am scoring abt 48 - 55% on UW...and currently reviewing FA.... I have gone through Golgian once and FA once....does anybody have any ideas on how I can improve my score? My exam is scheduled to be taken in 3 weeks and I am FREAKING OUT!
Do you think medessentials + another round of golgian's rr + FA would help? or do I need to start doing something else....pls advice...pls help!!
 
Hey Guys

I just took the NBME form 6 and I got 250 (148)!!! Yikes! I am scoring abt 48 - 55% on UW...and currently reviewing FA.... I have gone through Golgian once and FA once....does anybody have any ideas on how I can improve my score? My exam is scheduled to be taken in 3 weeks and I am FREAKING OUT!
Do you think medessentials + another round of golgian's rr + FA would help? or do I need to start doing something else....pls advice...pls help!!

NBME must have provided you w/ an analysis chart. What were your weak areas?
 
I would consider getting another Qbank and doing as many questions as you can. I find that I learn much more from questions (tutor mode and reading the entire explanation) than I do just trying to read a text. I annotate FA so I (hopefully) won't forget. It depends on how you learn, but I am a big fan of a more active style.
 
If you're only using FA and RR as your sources for the info I would strongly recomend you use other sources like BRS books or maybe even kaplan lecture notes. I feel like your problem is not knowing or remembering the content and I feel doing more practice questions won't help with that. I presonally reviewed the material till i felt comfortable with it before I started doing questions. I feel like if you don't know the facts doing questions won't be as effective.

another thing to do is look at the analasys page of the nbme and study the subject or two that you got the lowest scores on, then take another nbme, and once again study the one or two poorest scored subjects, keep doing that till you're scoring high on everything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad