musiclover1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Hey Guys

I just took the NBME form 6 and I got 250 (148)!!! Yikes! I am scoring abt 48 - 55% on UW...and currently reviewing FA.... I have gone through Golgian once and FA once....does anybody have any ideas on how I can improve my score? My exam is scheduled to be taken in 3 weeks and I am FREAKING OUT!
Do you think medessentials + another round of golgian's rr + FA would help? or do I need to start doing something else....pls advice...pls help!!

medstu2006

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2005
Status
Hey Guys

I just took the NBME form 6 and I got 250 (148)!!! Yikes! I am scoring abt 48 - 55% on UW...and currently reviewing FA.... I have gone through Golgian once and FA once....does anybody have any ideas on how I can improve my score? My exam is scheduled to be taken in 3 weeks and I am FREAKING OUT!
Do you think medessentials + another round of golgian's rr + FA would help? or do I need to start doing something else....pls advice...pls help!!
NBME must have provided you w/ an analysis chart. What were your weak areas?

TerpMD

10+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2007
UMD 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I would consider getting another Qbank and doing as many questions as you can. I find that I learn much more from questions (tutor mode and reading the entire explanation) than I do just trying to read a text. I annotate FA so I (hopefully) won't forget. It depends on how you learn, but I am a big fan of a more active style.

RussianJoo

Useless Member
10+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Rock City
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
If you're only using FA and RR as your sources for the info I would strongly recomend you use other sources like BRS books or maybe even kaplan lecture notes. I feel like your problem is not knowing or remembering the content and I feel doing more practice questions won't help with that. I presonally reviewed the material till i felt comfortable with it before I started doing questions. I feel like if you don't know the facts doing questions won't be as effective.

another thing to do is look at the analasys page of the nbme and study the subject or two that you got the lowest scores on, then take another nbme, and once again study the one or two poorest scored subjects, keep doing that till you're scoring high on everything.

Medbound786

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2005
Status
Where do you purchase these NBME Practice Exams ?....I searched all over the NBME site and couldn't find it

thanks