Jan 8, 2021
Hello, everyone!
I just took my DAT yesterday and I am incredibly happy with the scores I received!

A little bit about me: I am heading into my second semester Junior year as a chemistry and humanities double major. I originally planned to take the DAT after Spring semester 2021. However, because of COVID, my school decided to end fall semester early. So, I decided to use the 4 and a half weeks of new-found time and just go for it!
Schedule: because It was a break, I could devote as much time as I wanted to focus on studying. Basically, I took the Feralis-Booster DAT Study Schedule v2 found on the DAT Booster website and divided the number of days in the schedule by the number of days I had left to study. This averaged out to about 2 days of content on the schedule per day of studying. I would HIGHLY recommend using the study schedule (whatever time frame you have); knowing how much you need to get finished in a day is highly motivating and awesome for keeping you on track to get through all the material.

BIO (30): First off, I cannot believe I got this score! I was getting around 22s on the DAT Booster practice tests and I somehow managed to make this. Anki all the way!!! I used the Anki Feralis bio notes deck they have under the study notes tab in the bio section. I tried to get through them as soon as I could so I would get to practice the things I needed extra practice on. I also used DAT Destroyer. However, these things are only the base for your bio knowledge. What I found to be the most helpful in preparing for this section is thoroughly going over the questions I missed on practice tests and on DAT Destroyer. I put almost every question I missed into flashcards so that I would not miss the concept a second time. On the actual exam, I was very similar to how the questions were asked on DAT Booster.

GC (28): Following the study schedule, I went through every Chad video they recommended and every question in DAT Destroyer (putting the questions I missed into flashcards). I am a chem major and I tutor general chemistry so this section was not extremely difficult for me. For me at least, I felt like the easiest way to lose points on this section is conceptual questions. Know your periodic trends, know things like colligative properties, and know your solubility rules. During the test, I felt like it was very similar to DAT Booster except it was easier.

Organic (26): Professor Dave's videos were very helpful on this section, especially for nomenclature. After going through the videos, I put the entire reaction summary sheet into Anki. This was a huge help because it kept all the need to know reactions fresh. The things I needed the most help on were difficult acid/base/stability ranking and determining stereoisomers. For these concepts I used the same strategy I describe above in putting all my missed questions into flash cards so I did not miss them again.

PAT (25): I don't know why, but this section came pretty easily to me. This section is DAT Booster's bread and butter so just follow their strategy guides and learn to apply them till they are second nature. I would recommend going through at least 10 questions from each generator per day to keep things fresh. I put all the problems I missed on practice questions into flashcards and reviewed them regularly. One thing I would recommend is to play around with the order. What worked best for me was to do angle ranking first and keep going till the last question, trying to leave around 30 minutes for Keyhole and TFE. These first two sections were the hardest for me to master and get consistently good scores. I just had to practice these extra and try and get the times shorter. Luckily, on the actual test, I felt these sections were much easier and straightforward. To me, the cube counting was the most difficult. The cubes were oriented a little differently than the Booster practice exams, so I used my extra time at the end to double check these.

RC(21): This is the craziest story - After I finished the PAT section, I was confident how long my break was and even budgeted enough time to get back to the computer 5 minutes early just to get back into the zone. I get back to my computer and I see the timer saying 47:00 left. I could not believe my eyes. I frantically sat back down and started on the first passage. I had a mild panic attack that first minute I was at the computer. I thought about getting back up and talking to one of the test administrators, but I didn't want to risk it. So, I decided to do my best and work with the time I had. I cannot believe I eeked out this score. On the booster practice exams, I was using ALL the time and getting around 20s. As far as the technique I used, I wrote down the number of the paragraph and noted around 3 key words per paragraph. Once I finished the passage, I used that road map to help me find the answers quickly. I had to modify this a little on the fly and wrote around 1 word per paragraph but it still worked well.

QR (23): I used booster's tests, DAT destroyer, and Math destroyer to prepare for this part. Though Math destroyer is a little overkill, much of these questions are WAY more than you are asked to do on the actual thing, it really did help with timing. I feel like the hardest thing on QR was the timing and trying to do a math destroyer practice test in 45 minutes will definitely help you get better at it. Another thing I found especially helpful was the Mustafa webinar. You all should seriously check it out, his stuff is GOLD. on the actual exam I used a couple of his shortcuts to do some questions in like 10 seconds! I am very happy with this score considering how flustered I was from the previous section.

Overall, I think DAT Booster is a top notch resource for studying for the DAT and a lot of people can get amazing scores by following their curriculum. I am not one of those people who don't study for a test and get 100s. I usually have to put in a good amount of effort to see results.

Let me know if you have any more questions about studying, I am happy to answer them! my score report

Reactions: 2 users

dental1234555

2+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hello, everyone!
I just took my DAT yesterday and I am incredibly happy with the scores I received!

A little bit about me: I am heading into my second semester Junior year as a chemistry and humanities double major. I originally planned to take the DAT after Spring semester 2021. However, because of COVID, my school decided to end fall semester early. So, I decided to use the 4 and a half weeks of new-found time and just go for it!
Schedule: because It was a break, I could devote as much time as I wanted to focus on studying. Basically, I took the Feralis-Booster DAT Study Schedule v2 found on the DAT Booster website and divided the number of days in the schedule by the number of days I had left to study. This averaged out to about 2 days of content on the schedule per day of studying. I would HIGHLY recommend using the study schedule (whatever time frame you have); knowing how much you need to get finished in a day is highly motivating and awesome for keeping you on track to get through all the material.

BIO (30): First off, I cannot believe I got this score! I was getting around 22s on the DAT Booster practice tests and I somehow managed to make this. Anki all the way!!! I used the Anki Feralis bio notes deck they have under the study notes tab in the bio section. I tried to get through them as soon as I could so I would get to practice the things I needed extra practice on. I also used DAT Destroyer. However, these things are only the base for your bio knowledge. What I found to be the most helpful in preparing for this section is thoroughly going over the questions I missed on practice tests and on DAT Destroyer. I put almost every question I missed into flashcards so that I would not miss the concept a second time. On the actual exam, I was very similar to how the questions were asked on DAT Booster.

GC (28): Following the study schedule, I went through every Chad video they recommended and every question in DAT Destroyer (putting the questions I missed into flashcards). I am a chem major and I tutor general chemistry so this section was not extremely difficult for me. For me at least, I felt like the easiest way to lose points on this section is conceptual questions. Know your periodic trends, know things like colligative properties, and know your solubility rules. During the test, I felt like it was very similar to DAT Booster except it was easier.

Organic (26): Professor Dave's videos were very helpful on this section, especially for nomenclature. After going through the videos, I put the entire reaction summary sheet into Anki. This was a huge help because it kept all the need to know reactions fresh. The things I needed the most help on were difficult acid/base/stability ranking and determining stereoisomers. For these concepts I used the same strategy I describe above in putting all my missed questions into flash cards so I did not miss them again.

PAT (25): I don't know why, but this section came pretty easily to me. This section is DAT Booster's bread and butter so just follow their strategy guides and learn to apply them till they are second nature. I would recommend going through at least 10 questions from each generator per day to keep things fresh. I put all the problems I missed on practice questions into flashcards and reviewed them regularly. One thing I would recommend is to play around with the order. What worked best for me was to do angle ranking first and keep going till the last question, trying to leave around 30 minutes for Keyhole and TFE. These first two sections were the hardest for me to master and get consistently good scores. I just had to practice these extra and try and get the times shorter. Luckily, on the actual test, I felt these sections were much easier and straightforward. To me, the cube counting was the most difficult. The cubes were oriented a little differently than the Booster practice exams, so I used my extra time at the end to double check these.

RC(21): This is the craziest story - After I finished the PAT section, I was confident how long my break was and even budgeted enough time to get back to the computer 5 minutes early just to get back into the zone. I get back to my computer and I see the timer saying 47:00 left. I could not believe my eyes. I frantically sat back down and started on the first passage. I had a mild panic attack that first minute I was at the computer. I thought about getting back up and talking to one of the test administrators, but I didn't want to risk it. So, I decided to do my best and work with the time I had. I cannot believe I eeked out this score. On the booster practice exams, I was using ALL the time and getting around 20s. As far as the technique I used, I wrote down the number of the paragraph and noted around 3 key words per paragraph. Once I finished the passage, I used that road map to help me find the answers quickly. I had to modify this a little on the fly and wrote around 1 word per paragraph but it still worked well.

QR (23): I used booster's tests, DAT destroyer, and Math destroyer to prepare for this part. Though Math destroyer is a little overkill, much of these questions are WAY more than you are asked to do on the actual thing, it really did help with timing. I feel like the hardest thing on QR was the timing and trying to do a math destroyer practice test in 45 minutes will definitely help you get better at it. Another thing I found especially helpful was the Mustafa webinar. You all should seriously check it out, his stuff is GOLD. on the actual exam I used a couple of his shortcuts to do some questions in like 10 seconds! I am very happy with this score considering how flustered I was from the previous section.

Overall, I think DAT Booster is a top notch resource for studying for the DAT and a lot of people can get amazing scores by following their curriculum. I am not one of those people who don't study for a test and get 100s. I usually have to put in a good amount of effort to see results.

Let me know if you have any more questions about studying, I am happy to answer them! my score report

Congratulations , this post just made my day cuz I’m following booster study schedule. I just have one question other than the knowledge check did you practice for phase 1 or did you follow the schedule and didn’t practice till phase 2-3? Again congratulations your scores are amazing

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
Jan 8, 2021
Congratulations , this post just made my day cuz I’m following booster study schedule. I just have one question other than the knowledge check did you practice for phase 1 or did you follow the schedule and didn’t practice till phase 2-3? Again congratulations your scores are amazing
I did exactly as the study schedule said, so I guess that's right, I didn't start really practicing until phase two.

Cassy99

2+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2018
Hello, everyone!

Congratulations on your great score. Can you please share a link of mustafa webinar you used for the math section because I can't seem to find it.
Thank You.

Jan 8, 2021
Congratulations on your great score. Can you please share a link of mustafa webinar you used for the math section because I can't seem to find it.
Thank You.

JAGuidry

2+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
First of all, nice scores and breakdown!! I'm trying to locate the Feralis-Booster DAT Study Schedule v2 you've mentioned.. emphasis on v2 ... on their website I see no such thing?? Could you please comment with a link of it?

Shahed B

SDN Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
2+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2016
First of all, nice scores and breakdown!! I'm trying to locate the Feralis-Booster DAT Study Schedule v2 you've mentioned.. emphasis on v2 ... on their website I see no such thing?? Could you please comment with a link of it?
JAGuidry,

You can find the "V2" study guide at the following page. Simply click on the first button. Happy studying!

Feralis-Booster V2 Study Guide

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads