Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

2C and a D from UT austin. Is this hopeless?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by panicking, Dec 22, 2001.

1. panicking

panicking Junior Member

I had an D O-chem II, retook it and got an B. I also had a C in biochem and physics lab. My Science GPA is 3.04 and overall is 3.48. Is my premed carreer is over?. I am not an URM.
    I am planning on taking the MCAT on April and I am counting on it. I always did well on standard tests. I scored in the 92% in the SAT II chemistry and over 1400 on SAT I. Can I count on the MCAT to save me?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tc

tc Member

Your chances are still pretty good if you submit a strong application with a respectable MCAT score (30+) and solid extracurricular activites such as research or medically related volunteer work.

Recommendation letters from science professors or medical professionals can also make a substantial difference. My GPA was lower than yours so I worked in a research lab at a med school for 2 years, made some good contacts and received some good recommendation letters.

Good luck.

4. Medigirl

Medigirl Member

You have a chance, not to worry. If you are planning to apply to the TX schools (and are a resident) you will be fine. Just work really hard on MCAT studies!