2C and a D from UT austin. Is this hopeless?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panicking

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an D O-chem II, retook it and got an B. I also had a C in biochem and physics lab. My Science GPA is 3.04 and overall is 3.48. Is my premed carreer is over?. I am not an URM.
I am planning on taking the MCAT on April and I am counting on it. I always did well on standard tests. I scored in the 92% in the SAT II chemistry and over 1400 on SAT I. Can I count on the MCAT to save me?

Members don't see this ad.

Your chances are still pretty good if you submit a strong application with a respectable MCAT score (30+) and solid extracurricular activites such as research or medically related volunteer work.

Recommendation letters from science professors or medical professionals can also make a substantial difference. My GPA was lower than yours so I worked in a research lab at a med school for 2 years, made some good contacts and received some good recommendation letters.

Good luck.

You have a chance, not to worry. If you are planning to apply to the TX schools (and are a resident) you will be fine. Just work really hard on MCAT studies!