2nd DAT done 7/22/09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey Noles,
I just posted on another thread my stats. Um, so i think that we can agree the QR section was pretty rough! Im not sure how they think math questions like that are indicators of intelligence.

ANZ

What did you do differently this time in the sciences? I know I'm going to get killed in the QR too but if I can get a TS score like yours I'd be skipping out of the testing center!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, yeah that definitely helps

What do you think about destroyer as compared to the real thing?

I watched those Gchem videos too. I feel like they helped out alot in understanding the concepts. Did you find those videos to be helpful on the real thing?

I'm retaking in about two weeks and I really need to improve my chemistry. I had a TS 17 the first time and that was with a 20 in bio! Any suggestions for the chems would be appreciated!

Congrats on those scores!

ya QR was ridiculous, i probably quessed on like 15 of them. sucks because on topscore and kaplan i was doing great, but knew the real DAT would be a lot different. i planned to study QR some a few days before the test but decided to take 3 days off because i was so drained from studying, so i did nothing instead lol

as for the sciences, it's basically all i studied for these past 4-5 weeks. i used all the kaplan online workshops, quizzes, tests, and the book that comes with the class (didn't do the actual live class tho). Also supplemented with AP cliffs bio (read once), DAT destroyer (did all science problems once), and those Gchem videos that are posted somewhere around here. also got topscore but only took the first full length practice test.

i woke up sick this morning too which was really discouraging since it's the first time i've gotten sick in a year or maybe longer but it worked out!

hope this helps

Yeah. I think these online workshops teach you more than the lecture portion of the class. And the quizzes over each section are great review.

I don't think the math was hard, it was just the short amount of time and word problems.

The amount of word problems on the QR section almost makes it impossible to finish the section completely while giving every problem a tried and true effort. Despite that, I hope that the ADA curtails the section a little in the future in difficulty. Perhaps it is a way to lower overall AA scores.....

I am scheduled to take my DAT at the end of August. Yes, I agree that the QR has been really rough. I was just wondering what you used to prepare for it? Did you use the Math Destroyer? Any tips on the backend of the DAT would be helpful. Thanks!

P.S. awesome overall scores :)