2nd Look Weekends - WHat SChools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanoge7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What Schools have second look weekends? WHen are they? Are they helpful?

Members don't see this ad.

Johns Hopkins does - some time in April or May or something? I would go back for another look at a school, meet other incoming students, look for a neighborhood where you'd like to live, etc.

U Conn does-- March 26

Members don't see this ad :)
Northwestern does... April 15-17, I believe.

Dartmouth does--but you pay for your own airticket

Vanderbilt does--I think your airticket is paid for

UCLA does too I think.

In general, I think most schools do, but some may not pay for your airticket

Michigan -- May 8 to 9 I think

MSSM is having one for the first time this year. I'm unsure if they pay for your air tix though.

tf

Anyone know if Downstate and Einstein pay for tickets? (Or if Downstate even has a 2nd look day?)

does anyone happen to know when Einstein's is?

BU does on May 1. I didn't know schools would pay for airplane tickets for the second look weekend.

Pitt has one on April 16,17,18. We are planning a bunch of fun things so come if you can. cheers

Originally posted by indiamacbean
Pitt has one on April 16,17,18. We are planning a bunch of fun things so come if you can. cheers

I have been accepted to Northwestern, and have interviewed at Pitt (and hoping for an acceptance). It appears that both of these schools have second look weekends on the same weekend. If I don't get into my top choice (UMich...hopefully I'll find out next week!), then these two schools would pretty much be tied as my top choice. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Northwestern says their weekend is April 15-17, so maybe I could go to that for the 15th and maybe the 16th, then go to Pitt. What do you all think?

I know I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself since I haven't gotten into Pitt yet, but I have wondered this before, and I was just curious about what others would do (or have done)?

bump....any advice would be appreciated

no point in worrying till you get accepted to Pitt first (and i don't mean that in a bad way)... then wait till you get more info from both schools regarding itineraries, accomodation, airfare, etc.

just give it some time

on my biased opinion, who would pick pittsburgh over chicago? hehe