2nd R&R Loan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wanderluster

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At the beginning of my 4th year, I decided to take a leave of absence for a public health related project. I got stuck for cash at the start but as I was technically still a 4th year, and my school status was as someone who'd graduate in May 2009, I took out a R&R loan. The thought was that I'd need it in a year anyway, so aside from interest accruing that much longer, what would be the huge difference ?

Now, I'm wondering--is it possible to take out a 2nd R&R loan? I'll be a 4th year but graduating instead in 2010. What if due to my pro-bono public health project, I need more funds for residency and relocation costs? Has anyone ever heard of people taking 2 of these loans? Is there any fear in this economy that these loans will stop being offered to medical students?
 
i have personally taken out three and regret not taking out more as now i am a resident trying to get another loan but most of these loans require you been a 4th yr student or 6 mo's out from graduationg
 
if you don't mind my asking...
*Why did you take so many out?
*Aren't you worried about having to pay them all back?
*Were all 3 from the same company?
*Did you take them all out at one time?
*Are there any companies you would avoid?
*Will the economic mess allow us to take more out?

Thanks!