2nd Rejection!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

simseema17

Yup, first Tufts rejected me, and now Case Western...I feel hopeless...it's not gonna happen, I want to be a dentist so bad, yet I'm not getting even the chance...still have to hear from 12 schools, but I think I'm doomed for failure...damn, this sucks. Any advice...I know the most important thing to work on right now is my last year of college, and pull up that GPA, but I need some motivation...even an ounce...I am so discouraged...but I will continue to battle...I WILL become a dentist!

------------------

Members don't see this ad.

Rejection is not fun. I've been there, but I've lived long enough to know that it quite often turns out to be in our best interest. Do not give up. There are so many options today (genetic engineering, nanotechnology etc). Want an idea you can run with? The nurseing home industry is in desperate need of someone who can figure out ways to automate the backbreaking labor intensive work now performed by the underpaid nursing assistants. Automation of such tasks will lower the cost of care, improve quality of life for the residents, and lead to increased pay and fulfillment for the staff. Again, never give up. Quantum physics tells us that you might get an unsolicited response from Harvard offering you a full ride scholarship through their dental school. Good luck.

Maybe you just need a break in your formal education. In my youthful days, guys like me who were just sort of hanging out and going nowhere in college had the good fortune of the militry draft which would remove us from lala land and place us into reality (vietnam). After our "time out" experience, we returned to college with a whole new attitude. We graduated and went on to enjoy successful careers. Ever thought about the military or peace corp before dental school?

Hey Seema,
Stay calm, kiddo! Case is a tough school to get into. They enroll60 students. Plus, have you visited there yet? You don't even know if you would have liked it. I worked there this summer and there are much prettier dental schools near you. DOn't sweat. COncentrate on your GPA and have fun in college while it lasts. I know very good dentists who didn't get into school in their first year of application. Their second try was much more successful. Don't worry so much. Start calling the school every once in a while to talk to admissions people so they can get to know your voice and your name.