2nd round for Michigan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waxingtime

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interviewed in Dec/Jan hear back from them???

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone interviewed in Dec/Jan hear back from them???

I interviewed Jan 12th...
At the end of interview, (if i'm remembering correct) we were informed that Adcom would meet on 15th & make decision...
So, Patricia said we would be notified within 2~3 weeks...
Also she said only about 45 depostits confirmed by 12th...
One more, Dec 5th & Jan 12th are the only interviews they had after dec 1st... so, hope we have good shot....

x

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did the mention how many interviews dates they had left? Or was January 12th the last one?

As of jan 12th, they plan on having one on 21st(date not 100%sure)...
Not in feb yet...

I interviewed Jan 12th...
At the end of interview, (if i'm remembering correct) we were informed that Adcom would meet on 15th & make decision...
So, Patricia said we would be notified within 2~3 weeks...
Also she said only about 45 depostits confirmed by 12th...
One more, Dec 5th & Jan 12th are the only interviews they had after dec 1st... so, hope we have good shot....

That sounds very positive. I guess only half of the class is filled right now.

I have an interview Jan 23 with Michigan, any tips?

Yes, dress warm.. layers, layers.. It has been under 10 with windchills in - 10s here last week, although it's getting warmer.. the temperatures in the teens now.

x

Last edited:
I have an interview Jan 23 with Michigan, any tips?

I really liked the school...
But be prepared for 3~4hrs long presentation about all the programs that they have & research etc...

About the MMI interview, there is no way to prepare for it, just relax & be yourself...
Coz there are 10 stations & each station has a senario on a sheet of paper... so, you read it & just respond & discuss... Mostly ethical issues...
I was really stressed about it before but after my 1st station I figured out how to deal with... It's fun!!!

Good Luck guys...

yea I live in Michigan so I'm prepared for the cold! haha
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the MMI, they've been stressing me out! So there's no person at these stations that you talk to, it's just a piece of paper you fill out?

yea I live in Michigan so I'm prepared for the cold! haha
So there's no person at these stations that you talk to, it's just a piece of paper you fill out?

Well, there is a person you talk to at each station...
You read a senario & discuss about it w/ the person at that station...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just curious how they make their decisions cuz I have seen some people (who interviewed on the same day) get acceptances or get waitlisted. I was told that I'm "still in review" and have to wait for a few weeks more. :(

i called today and they said i'm stil under review too. i interviewed on nov. 7. but they said i should hear back very soon.

I'm not sure if "still in review" is a good sign. Maybe they want to see our updated grades????

I'm not sure if "still in review" is a good sign. Maybe they want to see our updated grades????

When did you interview there?
I'm just wondering if i should call and aks my status...
(mine was jan 12th)

mycoal127,

When you are at the interview can you ask if they are going to have any additional interview days for me? I would really appreciate it.

Good luck!
I have an interview tomorrow on Jan 23rd. Originally, mine was supposed to be on the 12th but it was conflict with another school so I switched to this date. Tracy told me this will be the last interview they have. Good luck though.

x

Last edited:
They confirmed it today that this was the last set of interviews for this year. It was pretty fun actually, had a great time with the other candidates.

Wow! Michigan is done with their interviews. Good luck to everyone.

They confirmed it today that this was the last set of interviews for this year. It was pretty fun actually, had a great time with the other candidates.
h,
Yeah, I had a great time too. I got to talk and get to know other candidates compared with my other interviews. The introduction was really fun. It's good that they gave us extra time at lunch so we can chat.

h,
Yeah, I had a great time too. I got to talk and get to know other candidates compared with my other interviews. The introduction was really fun. It's good that they gave us extra time at lunch so we can chat.

Did they say when you can find out if you are in or not?

Did they say when you can find out if you are in or not?

Since the interviews are done, you might want to call them sometime next week. BTW, did all 30 people show up on the 12th and the 23rd?

Since the interviews are done, you might want to call them sometime next week. BTW, did all 30 people show up on the 12th and the 23rd?

On Jan23rd, I think there were about 24-25 people showed up. Most of them are in state and the East coast. I was the only one from the West