2nd Round for VCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexamasan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard from one source that the second round is decided Feburary 1st (tonight) for VCU, so I am wondering if anyone else can confirm that.

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard from one source that the second round is decided Feburary 1st (tonight) for VCU, so I am wondering if anyone else can confirm that.

I can confirm that the committee met today. We should hear within the next few days. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Offer made via AADSAS update at around 9 am est. Interview was mid January. All the very best to those awaiting a response!

Offer made via AADSAS update at around 9 am est. Interview was mid January. All the very best to those awaiting a response!

awesome! congrats! I hope this doesn't mean that if you didn't receive an offer around 9 am then you're not going to this round..:(

Does anyone have any reason to believe offers are still being made today for VCU? Also, does anyone know when the next round of offers will be extended?

Anyone else hear from them today?? Are you guys IS or OOS? I'm dying to hear back!

Sadly I didn't get in this round :(. My aadsas page said they received my transcript on Jan 28th, though they didn't update the page until around 3:00pm on Jan 31st. I wonder if they were able to get my transcript in time, but it's too late to worry about that now. I heard the 3rd round will be on February 28th.

By the way, for those who did get in, please share your stats so we can see where we stand.

my status is "invited for interview" .. :( sadly.

the 3rd wave is on Feb 20th as far as I remember.

Hey there, did the committee just meet today? and if we didn't hear from them today, does that mean that we won't until the 3rd round at the end of this month? The anticipation is sooooo difficult....:(

Also, did anyone on here interview on January 11th? It was so great meeting all of you. Have you guys received any good news today? I've been checking AADSAS like crazy and unfortunately I haven't gotten any updates yet. I wonder what this means.....:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there, did the committee just meet today? and if we didn't hear from them today, does that mean that we won't until the 3rd round at the end of this month? The anticipation is sooooo difficult....:(

Also, did anyone on here interview on January 11th? It was so great meeting all of you. Have you guys received any good news today? I've been checking AADSAS like crazy and unfortunately I haven't gotten any updates yet. I wonder what this means.....:confused:

they met on the 31st of Jan. .. I interviewed on the 25th.
I like to believe that since we interviewed late we have to wait till the end of the month!

Maybe this is wishful thinking...but I hope that maybe because AADSAS has Feb.1st application deadlines to meet that the system is just running slow and that any minute now our statuses will be updated to "offer made". How awesome would that be???

Maybe this is wishful thinking...but I hope that maybe because AADSAS has Feb.1st application deadlines to meet that the system is just running slow and that any minute now our statuses will be updated to "offer made". How awesome would that be???

super awesome I guess.. but as mentioned above many people had their status updated already. :(

Hey guys! Congratulations to those who got in this round...good luck to those still in the race.

There is a facebook group "VCU DDS Class of 2015", request to be a member if you'd like. Hope to see all of yall soon!

Did anyone here interview Nov. 30th?

I interviewed Nov. 30th. and Dr. Healy said that even though we were Pre Dec 1. there was no way we would be considered in the Dec 1 group... which makes sense...

Just curious if anyone who interviewed on that Day heard back.

does anyone know for sure when the next date is that they're sending out offers? I heard it was Feb 20 but have also heard March 1. Anyone know which is correct?

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews - the website says through February...just wondering if there may still be a chance of an interview invite in these next 2 weeks, or if y'all know that the rest of Feb is pretty much filled up :(

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews - the website says through February...just wondering if there may still be a chance of an interview invite in these next 2 weeks, or if y'all know that the rest of Feb is pretty much filled up :(

hey .. Dr Healy said the last interview will be two last interviews on Feb 7th and Feb 8th, and I am guessing they have already invited applicants :(

does anyone know for sure when the next date is that they're sending out offers? I heard it was Feb 20 but have also heard March 1. Anyone know which is correct?

as far as I know, the 3rd offer will be on the 20th. because they will be done interviewing on the 8th of Feb.

I stopped by the admissions office today. They haven't picked a specific date yet for the 3rd round, but they indicated it would likely be in that last full week of February.

Just looking ahead...but after the 3rd round of acceptances at the end of this month, do you guys know when the wait list and D.5 updates will be made?

Just looking ahead...but after the 3rd round of acceptances at the end of this month, do you guys know when the wait list and D.5 updates will be made?

this generally gets done around the 2nd/3rd week of march or so. it can take until the end of march.

anyone hear about a date being set for the third round yet? I have a $1500 deposit due the 25th that I would really like to try to avoid paying if I knew I'd be hearing from VCU before then. thanks!

i'm not positive of the date, but it is very likely that it will be sometime between the 21st and 25th. I think it would definitely be worth your while to wait until as late as you can to see if vcu comes through. you could also call on the 21st and ask when it might be.