2nd round or acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rambo2006

Be a DDS or die trying
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know when the second round of acceptances is? The way I understand it, schools are still waiting for people to reserve thier spots with a deposit and they have until some fixed time when they begin sending out acceptances to thier alternative/wait list. Typically when does this 2nd round of accepances occur?

thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

rambo2006 said:
Hello,

Does anyone know when the second round of acceptances is? The way I understand it, schools are still waiting for people to reserve thier spots with a deposit and they have until some fixed time when they begin sending out acceptances to thier alternative/wait list. Typically when does this 2nd round of accepances occur?

thank you.

I would say not to long after mid January.

Most places give you 30-45 days from receiving your acceptance letter to get the deposit back to them. Mid-Jan looks like the beginning of the next wave. If you're accepted in the next wave, they typically give you less time to decide so the 3rd and subsequent waves happen quicker than the previous ones.