2nd round

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vipergts66

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well it's Jan 15th. is this the deadline for 1st round acceptances to reply? what can us that missed it the first time expect from now on...another wave of acceptances (2nd round) or random letters being sent out throughout the semester on a rolling basis? i'm from texas, so i'm interested specifically in SA and Baylor, though it'd be nice to get a general consensus of other schools across the nation. :p

Members don't see this ad.

vipergts66 said:
well it's Jan 15th. is this the deadline for 1st round acceptances to reply? what can us that missed it the first time expect from now on...another wave of acceptances (2nd round) or random letters being sent out throughout the semester on a rolling basis? i'm from texas, so i'm interested specifically in SA and Baylor, though it'd be nice to get a general consensus of other schools across the nation. :p

I'm interested in getting an answer to this question too. Anyone?

I wonder what happens if a person from the first round of acceptance puts down a deposit after the deadline for the first round. If there are still seats availible can they still reserve one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Since today is a holiday, all of the admissions offices will be closed.

eamonmon said:
I have been waiting for january 15th for a month and a half now since I did not get any letters on dec 1st. Now it is here, and nothing yet?

You guys just need to continue to be patient. Jan. 15th was the deadline for 1st round accepted applicants at many schools. I'm sure admissions committees didn't work throughout the weekend with YOU in mind. They most likley will be in contact with the registrar this coming week to get the data on who accepted the offers of admission. The registrar will continue to try and contact those 1st round accepted applicants who have not yet responded to get their answer, and no they don't automatically lose their seat because they didn't respond by the deadline. And the admissions committes will probably meet later in January to discuss applicant files for 2nd round letters. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until the first week of February, guys.

all admissions offices aren't closed. i was at uconn today visiting and they were conducting interviews and all the staff was there. but hold tight, i doubt they send letters out immediately...plus the 15th was a sunday. give it a week or two. and best of luck!

most private colleges are open today. its the state ones that close for this holiday.

Plus, different schools are on a diff schedule. For instance, UCSF didn't give out their first round acceptances until Dec 8th so Jan 23rd is the date your look'n fer if you are interested in that school.

Which will probably mean the very end of Jan or early Feb is the time when you should walk around the house with your cell phone duck taped to your head, set to answer even before it rings. Save all your medication for that week, not now.

Peace be wit ya.