2nd Round

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSmiles12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just for curiousity how many of you are waiting/hoping for news on jan 15th?

Also is Jan 15th kinda like Dec 1?

Members don't see this ad.

dude im still convincing my self that i will get an interview ,,,,
and about jan15th ,,thats the word out there

I have a feeling lots of NYU invites are around the corner.

good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting for an invite. I will say that Jan 15th does lack the excitement and anticipation of Nov 30th. I'm just going to plug along tomorrow like any other day.

Hope you guys get some invites soon! I am turning down the BU interview I just got 2 days ago so hopefully someone else can get it.

So is tomorrow supposed to be another big invite day? Is that the trend?

not really. tomorrow is supposed to be 2nd round of acceptance. but, since some schools have jan 15th as the deposit deadline, they will most likely send out some invites tomorrow, i assume.

I am still waiting for several schools this week. Nonetheless, some committees gather today to decide who to give offers too; this being the case, do they send out the letters tomorrow? Should we expect something in the mail today or later this week? :confused:

i don't know about you guys but i'm going to glued to my computer all day checking! good luck everyone!

Anyone know about Creighton? I think that they told me on Nov. 30th that they would be making their second round on Jan. 15th. However, my AADSAS page has never shown anything about them, so I really have no idea how/if I will be contacted. Not sure why I'm worrying about this anyway, as it isn't even my top choice and I've already been accepted to another school... but yeah... just curious :)

i don't know about you guys but i'm going to glued to my computer all day checking! good luck everyone!

As much as I hate to admit it, that IS my daily routine.:p

Man, this Jan 15th thing sucks. Definitely NOT like Dec 1.

i mean... there's no point to even VIEW SOURCE.

And... no one besides Ohio State has given any acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an acceptance e-mail on the 8th. So people how have had interviews already waiting to hear from some schools should expect acceptance notification anytime now. "15th" for sure lacks the excitement as the Nov 30th tho. So, be patient. And instead of having month and a half to decide for the first batch acceptances, the second batch will have only a month to decide.

i didnt get anything from second round...still waiting on 6 schools...probably going to be all rejections by now...

Anyone know about Creighton? I think that they told me on Nov. 30th that they would be making their second round on Jan. 15th. However, my AADSAS page has never shown anything about them, so I really have no idea how/if I will be contacted. Not sure why I'm worrying about this anyway, as it isn't even my top choice and I've already been accepted to another school... but yeah... just curious :)

hey, i received creighton acceptance today at like 10am by e-mail.

Really hoping to get an acceptance from Case Western soon....

I got a phone call on Jan 10th from NOVA telling me i was accepted so I guess that counts as a second rounder

As for NYU i called them yesterday and they said they had made a decision and had sent it in the mail, but would not tell me over the phone.... so i guess that it is probably a rejection....??!?!?!

I got a rejection letter from NYU today via snail mail.
hey dirty bird- sorry that you received that letter from NYU. Don't feel too bad, there is still hope... you can send them ur new DAT scores, is that possible?
In one of your posts,you said Temple sent u an email about u not being competitive? WTH is up with that. Brian told me on the phone that I would get an interview... hang in there and he was telling me my scores are ok and everything but i still didnt.. I dont get it.. Brian Hahn sounds like he is an African American brother, on the phone is that him once u dial the number given on the temple website? any help?

anything from Tufts, anyone?

not really. tomorrow is supposed to be 2nd round of acceptance. but, since some schools have jan 15th as the deposit deadline, they will most likely send out some invites tomorrow, i assume.

Most schools will accept a postmark by Jan. 15th...depending on the schools status in offers accepted, it could be another couple weeks before they put out their full-fledge, "second round" as they await deposits that may have been sent ON Jan. 15th.

good luck to all waiting for second round acceptances

hey dirty bird- sorry that you received that letter from NYU. Don't feel too bad, there is still hope... you can send them ur new DAT scores, is that possible?
In one of your posts,you said Temple sent u an email about u not being competitive? WTH is up with that. Brian told me on the phone that I would get an interview... hang in there and he was telling me my scores are ok and everything but i still didnt.. I dont get it.. Brian Hahn sounds like he is an African American brother, on the phone is that him once u dial the number given on the temple website? any help?

In Temple's rejection letter it stated "The large number of applications received results in a highly competitive applicant pool, and your application does not meet the criteria". Oh well, better luck next cycle. I'm planning to retake the DAT in April or May and reapply next year. I still haven't heard from a few schools but I'm preparing for the worst. Is Temple your first choice? I'd like to go there because I live in the Philadelphia area. I don't know if that's Brian on the other end when you call the Temple number. Best of luck to you!

Ah, so I see they're still interviewing. Good, good. Are you going, gator?

i havent decided yet, i just got the email and havent though about it. Truthfully probably not, but i heard its a AWESOME place and my grandfather went to tufts MD, but my great uncle also went to Maryland so we'll see.

Accepted to Creighton via email today. Good luck all!

i havent decided yet, i just got the email and havent though about it. Truthfully probably not, but i heard its a AWESOME place and my grandfather went to tufts MD, but my great uncle also went to Maryland so we'll see.

I thought their invites were by mail only.:confused:
Anyway, good luck deciding.:thumbup:

Anybody heard from ASDOH second round?

just got the Tufts invite as well.
To all who are still waiting...Keep the hope alive! I can't believe I finally got an interview after hearing nothing for the past 6 months!

Yes I was accepted on the 9th of this month. Good luck.

is that him or how can you just ask for him and actually get through to him? Usually whoever picks up is ready and goes at it to answer my questions. I've never been told, wait lemme get Brian or anything. How are you guys getting through to talk to him?

Most schools will accept a postmark by Jan. 15th...depending on the schools status in offers accepted, it could be another couple weeks before they put out their full-fledge, "second round" as they await deposits that may have been sent ON Jan. 15th.
Yea shouldn't it take adcoms a day or two to go through their deposits and make a list of how many seats left and taken and THEN a day or two (or more!) to go through and figure out who to invite for interviews? I was expecting to hear by the end of this week or next week with the next big wave of interviews resulting from the jan 15. deadlines...nice to hear that people have already started hearing some interview news though! Good luck everyone!! Hope there are some coming soon for me too :)

Bump any more interviews sent out today? I can’t check my mail for anther couple of hours and have no emails so far :/

I'm guessing at many of the schools that the adcom meetings might only be once a week or every other week. I'm trying NOT to focus on hearing something and concentrate on other stuff. There's nothing we can to but WAIT. So, I guess we have to have patience.

Does anyone know when U of Louisville might be sending out their 2nd round acceptances? Or does anyone know if they already have?

I think they can pretty much do whatever they want...

Brian Hahn is not an "African American Brother". He's caucasian. You can actually contact him directly to find out about admissions, stats, and how you rate among others. He's a friendly guy, he'll probably pick up the phone. While I think Brian Hahn is the only person in the history of dental admissions to ever talk to anyone directly through the phone, I still wouldn;t take advantage of it because I'm sure he's busy.

I'm a big fan of Brian, though, no kidding. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Brian Hahn is not an "African American Brother". He's caucasian. You can actually contact him directly to find out about admissions, stats, and how you rate among others. He's a friendly guy, he'll probably pick up the phone. While I think Brian Hahn is the only person in the history of dental admissions to ever talk to anyone directly through the phone, I still wouldn;t take advantage of it because I'm sure he's busy.

I'm a big fan of Brian, though, no kidding. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
\

Hear! Hear!

I got an acceptance from NYU in the mail on Friday the 19th. And They want a 1500 deposit by jan 30th!?!

That is sooo soon. Aren't they supposed to give us a little more time than 1 week to decide?

WOW that is soon! I thought schools gave you at least a month to decide???
could it be a glitch or do schools really ask for a deposit so soon now considering its getting late in the cycle?

I guess it's another downfall to interviewing and getting acceptances so late, because it provides less time for you to wait to hear back from the rest of your schools, if you're still waiting.