2nd time applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nkdeyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm planning on reapplying next year at this point and was wondering for those of you who have applied more than once what the experience was like...

do any of the schools have different applications/application essay questions for second time applicants. when you re-applied did you just submit the same essays as you had the first time and what changes did you make for the second time around?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't reapply but I've noticed that most schools have different application essays for reapplicants. Just check each school individually to see if they have a different application process or whether they keep your file. The essay questions seem to be along the lines of: What did you do in your extra year off to help you prepare for optometry school...along with the standard, why optometry? question.

What have you done or will do to improve your application? If you don't mind sharing, what were your stats like?

Hey guys

I'm planning on reapplying next year at this point and was wondering for those of you who have applied more than once what the experience was like...

do any of the schools have different applications/application essay questions for second time applicants. when you re-applied did you just submit the same essays as you had the first time and what changes did you make for the second time around?

thanks