2nd time around, study resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ediddly

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to re-take the DAT in mid-January and I'm trying to figure out which preps to use. I plan on going back to the Kaplan book for the sciences, but I was thinking of using Topscore or Acethedat for some more practice tests/problems and Barron's for the PAT. Can anyone tell me about these or any other resources that might be helpful? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ediddly said:
I am going to re-take the DAT in mid-January and I'm trying to figure out which preps to use. I plan on going back to the Kaplan book for the sciences, but I was thinking of using Topscore or Acethedat for some more practice tests/problems and Barron's for the PAT. Can anyone tell me about these or any other resources that might be helpful? Thanks!

I used Examkrackers for the MCAT which I thought was excellent. I bought the Biology, Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry books which were between $20-40 each but they were totally worth it because the Kaplan books don't explain some of the Chemistry/Organic Chemistry stuff in detail. Hope that helps!

TopScore is my recommendation - the content is pretty good, sometimes a little more difficult than the real thing, but definitely a great purchase. It also looks just like the real DAT but thats not as important for you since its the 2nd time, nevertheless buying TopScore should help improve your score at least 2 points.