2nd time taking pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cju101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
n

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone every scored worse on their second PCAT attempt. Im starting to get paranoid that Ill do worse, and that The majority of my score on the first test was due to good guessing

Well it depends, how long has it been since your last test and what have you done to study for it?

this is my story:

took pcat in end of my first yr: received 76% with no studying

took pcat again wanting a better mark, studied a BIT more: ended up with a 72%?????

took pcat AGAIN in end of my second year, studied a lot more this time and also finished o-chem and calclulus: ended up with 86%

second time really means nothing, it just gets you used to the exam condition, but if you don't study/haven't taken relevant classes, its not really going to help you. Good luck:thumbup:

what's up, cju,
i'm in the same boat you are-taking the test again and worried that i'm just wasting money. . don't worry too much. study the next day and a half--rest friday evening. and you'll do fine!

me too.........I am feeling I should've spent that money somewhere else like shopping for school:(

I am so not prepared and I did horrible on my first time:(
Oh well, I guess we'll have to get through it and try harder next time =)!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering about that, do all pharmacy school look at highest PCAT scores only? I think I'm going to retake but worried that I might do worse. Is there any negative effects from a lower second score?

I was wondering about that, do all pharmacy school look at highest PCAT scores only? I think I'm going to retake but worried that I might do worse. Is there any negative effects from a lower second score?

Many schools just consider your best score. That's partly the highest score is filtered to the first review. By the post-interview review, the adcoms see the whole package.