2nd year ob/gyn residency slot available

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grayce79

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a resident in San Antonio at the military hospitals (Wilford Hall Medical Center and Brook Army Medical Center). One of our ob/gyn interns is resigning this year for personal reasons which will open up a 2nd year residency slot.
If you are finishing up your intern year now and are already in the military, you can contact me and I will give you more info. You make significantly more money during a military residency than you would make in a civilian residency.

Members don't see this ad.

Is this open to only current Ob/Gyn PGY-1's or are other fields considered? For instance, would a current Family Medicine intern be considered for this position? Also, what is the difference in pay versus civilian residency? What are the long term military requirements if signing on for this position? Thanks for any answers.

No, anybody who has done an intern year could be considered. Air Force residents make about 60+k and a large part of it is tax free. If you are HPSP or FAP and doing a civilian residency, you can try to switch over onto the military side of things.