3.0 Gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NelNYC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.0 GPA and Bachelors in Nursing. I plan on getting into a post bacc program to take all my pre-reqs, some I have done in my nursing program and others I have not so I will just take it all over again. I would like to know what kind of MCAT score will I need to get into the BiG 4's minus ross since they accept alot and fail out alot? My dream though is to get into SGU :D I also plan on doing a alot of voluteering work to up my chances during the next 2 years.

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 3.0 GPA and Bachelors in Nursing. I plan on getting into a post bacc program to take all my pre-reqs, some I have done in my nursing program and others I have not so I will just take it all over again. I would like to know what kind of MCAT score will I need to get into the BiG 4's minus ross since they accept alot and fail out alot? My dream though is to get into SGU :D I also plan on doing a alot of voluteering work to up my chances during the next 2 years.

Thanks guys

To get into one of them, probably a 24. SGU a little higher maybe 27-28 with the low GPA

I graduated undergrad in 2000 with a 2.99 GPA, no med pre-reqs since I was a Comm. major.

After about 4 years started post-bacc and finished with a 3.6 sGPA which brought up my cGPA to about a 3.1. Scored a 29 MCAT. Limited volunteer experience but plenty of work experience while doing the post-bacc/MCAT and the wife gave birth to our son just over a week before the MCAT so maybe they took that into consideration (doubt it though)?

This got me into SGU Aug of '07. Was waitlisted 3 times at 2 US schools over 3 years with these stats.

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks angrybaby, you def gave me a confidence boost man... :hardy:

no problem. Unfortunately to dent your confidence once again there was someone that was very recently rejected with a 3.1 cGPA and a 31 MCAT, though I suspect there was something else in his application that caused the rejection--don't know for sure.

Sounds like if you're a solid individual with no skeletons then a 27 should get you in if you've got a 3.2/3.3 c/sGPA.

The avgs of my class, entered in Aug, were 3.4/26 and I know of several that had 28-32 MCATs so that means quite a few were lower. Good luck.