3-01 D/L: Too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ericn2k3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a couple schools that have the March 01 deadline. My problem is that the Jan. 20th is my first PCAT. Is it too late to apply for those 3-01 deadline school? Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

check to see if those schools with the 3/1/07 deadline use a "rolling admissions" process. if they don't, you might still have a chance.

check to see if those schools with the 3/1/07 deadline use a "rolling admissions" process. if they don't, you might still have a chance.

What if they do? I'm in the same boat. I just turned my PharmCAS app in last week for Midwestern Glendale. No chance?

Members don't see this ad :)

What if they do? I'm in the same boat. I just turned my PharmCAS app in last week for Midwestern Glendale. Do I have a chance?

If the schools are on rolling admission, your chances are very limited, this is because a good majority of the class will be full by then. It doesn't mean you DON'T have a chance - but it's small. This is because if you take the January PCAT (and in assumption you do well on it), it will be around February before the schools will receive them.

You could try it, but you should also weigh the fact that with a small chance of getting in (still in assumption it's on rolling admission), you are paying a lot of money for application fees. If you do think about applying next year - you have the chance of improving your PCAT score, apply to many more schools (and thus increase your chances of finding a school you like as well as getting in), and save you money PharmCAS wise too.

Good luck!

I already took the PCAT and turned everything in; I'm waiting on PharmCAS and the schools. Is it really too late already?