3.4 GPA and NYU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stephannie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is just speculating, Let's say I end up with a 3.4 GPA by the end of my Junior year. What would it take for me to get into NYU Medical School? Is there even a chance to get into NYU with a 3.4?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

you could compensate with a high MCAT score , great personal essay (story to go with the 3.4) and great ECs. alot more goes into admission than just your GPA. An upward trend would also improve your chances.

Agree with above post, but most likely it won't happen.

Because applicants will have a high GPA and high MCAT plus EC's
I don't really think you can compensate for anything because the applicants applying are going to be spectacular in everything on their app.

With that GPA and good MCAT/EC's you can look at Competitive D.O. or else competitive M.D. schools

Members don't see this ad :)
So this is just speculating, Let's say I end up with a 3.4 GPA by the end of my Junior year. What would it take for me to get into NYU Medical School? Is there even a chance to get into NYU with a 3.4?
A 3.4 cGPA is below the bottom tenth percentile for NYU acceptees (3.5), making an acceptance unlikely unless there is something extraordinary about your application.

Well that's a bummer. I'll still try and see what happens.
Does being Hispanic decrease, increase or does nothing to my chances?

You might consider waiting to apply until you complete your senior year to get your GPA up further. Also, work on beefing up your ECs to impress the socks off the adcomms.

If you identify with a hispanic community, have related ECs, and speak fluent Spanish, then your chances could improve if a school is looking to have that niche represented in the class they are trying to form.