Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

3.4 GPA, projected 30 mcat, okay ecs and personal issues?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by robs2394, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. robs2394

robs2394

Hi there, first time poster. I'm currently a junior at a top NY public school, and I'm wondering about my chances at getting into a DO school.
    3.4 cgpa
    Double major in biology and music
    30 projected mcat based on practice exams
    EMT-B for 3 years and volunteer ambulance crew chief for 2 years (so patient contact)
    50+ volunteering transport in local hospital
    Shadowed oncologists, trauma surgeons, and ER attendings for 50+hours
    LOR from a DO (or two), a regional EMS coordinator, 2 biology professors and a music professor
    In my sophomore year my gpa plummeted. My father was diagnosed with cancer the previous year, and it was taxing on both of my siblings and myself as he is our only parent (mother passed away in 2008).
    What do you guys think my chances are at DO schools? I plan on applying all over the country. And I apologize if there is another post that I should have piggybacked this onto, I didn't notice on that was so specific to my experience.
    Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    What are the personal issues? IAs???

4. robs2394

robs2394

What is IA? I was referring to family matters concerning my father's health

5. robs2394

robs2394

I apologize, I meant to post this in Osteopathic.

About the ads