3.4 GPA, projected 30 mcat, okay ecs and personal issues?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robs2394

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, first time poster. I'm currently a junior at a top NY public school, and I'm wondering about my chances at getting into a DO school.
3.4 cgpa
Double major in biology and music
30 projected mcat based on practice exams
EMT-B for 3 years and volunteer ambulance crew chief for 2 years (so patient contact)
50+ volunteering transport in local hospital
Shadowed oncologists, trauma surgeons, and ER attendings for 50+hours
LOR from a DO (or two), a regional EMS coordinator, 2 biology professors and a music professor
In my sophomore year my gpa plummeted. My father was diagnosed with cancer the previous year, and it was taxing on both of my siblings and myself as he is our only parent (mother passed away in 2008).
What do you guys think my chances are at DO schools? I plan on applying all over the country. And I apologize if there is another post that I should have piggybacked this onto, I didn't notice on that was so specific to my experience.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What are the personal issues? IAs???

Hi there, first time poster. I'm currently a junior at a top NY public school, and I'm wondering about my chances at getting into a DO school.
3.4 cgpa
Double major in biology and music
30 projected mcat based on practice exams
EMT-B for 3 years and volunteer ambulance crew chief for 2 years (so patient contact)
50+ volunteering transport in local hospital
Shadowed oncologists, trauma surgeons, and ER attendings for 50+hours
LOR from a DO (or two), a regional EMS coordinator, 2 biology professors and a music professor
In my sophomore year my gpa plummeted. My father was diagnosed with cancer the previous year, and it was taxing on both of my siblings and myself as he is our only parent (mother passed away in 2008).
What do you guys think my chances are at DO schools? I plan on applying all over the country. And I apologize if there is another post that I should have piggybacked this onto, I didn't notice on that was so specific to my experience.
Thanks!

I apologize, I meant to post this in Osteopathic.