MD & DO 3.55cGPA 3.59sGPA 513MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMS4481

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to read this, DO is my backup and I would really like to go the allopathic route. What do you think are my chances?

White Male
NYS resident (SUNY grad)
BA Spanish (non-trad, 6 years of undergrad with very strong upward trend my last three years when I decided to try and become a doctor)
cGPA: 3.55
sPGA: 3.59
MCAT: 513 (130/128/127/128)
Clinical Volunteering: 300 hours in ER and SICU at hospital
Nonclinical volunteering: 500 hours as volunteer EMT at local firehall, also did community events
Research: summer internship, paid, at local cancer institute (400 hours) no pub.
Shadowing: 80 hours in ER, 4 in NI cardio, 4 in sports medicine, 8 in trauma surgery

I applied to 24 schools:
MD: Buffalo, Rochestor, Downstate, Upstate, NYMC, Albany, Temple, Drexel, Georgetown, Eastern Virginia, WVU, Boonshoft, Sidney Kimmel, Penn State, Geisinger, Vermont, Drexel

DO: LECOM, Touro, NYITCOM, Ohio Heritage, Philadelphia, West Virgina

Thanks again

Members don't see this ad.

Add stony brook. Your MCAT makes you slightly desirable there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did apply to Stony, I forgot to add it. Thanks though.
ah, wasn't sure if you did; you had the other 3 sunys, sometimes students avoid stony due to its higher MCAT+GPA requirements, figure'd I'd encourage a fellow new-yawker to apply!

Reactions: 1 user
ah, wasn't sure if you did; you had the other 3 sunys, sometimes students avoid stony due to its higher MCAT+GPA requirements, figure'd I'd encourage a fellow new-yawker to apply!
Go Yanks!

Reactions: 1 users
You could add these schools:
Quinnipiac
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane

You could add these schools:
Quinnipiac
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane

Thanks, do you think that any of the schools that I applied to are unrealistic? Also, I also applied to Cincinnati.

All your other schools are reasonable but Wright State and Cincinnati give preference to Ohio residents and accept few non residents with your GPA.