3.6 cgpa, 3.4-3.5sgpa. Questions about post-bacc programs

Started by jeep1010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jeep1010

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I hope you are all well. I recently took my mcat in August and am awaiting my score. I am taking a gap year and I wanted to raise my undergrad GPA to as close to a 3.8 as possible. I want to take classes after graduating from undergrad, however, I want these classes to bump up my undergrad GPA rather than have a "graduate" gpa. Can someone please lead me the in right direction to get this done?

Thanks
 
Its gonna take a lot of classes to get to a 3.8, your stats are already good to get in somewhere.

Take classes at your undergrad, you can take classes after your graduate but its gonna cost you a lot per unit. Take one or two classes per semester and then work on the rest of your app (like volunteering or research) and you should be good to go.
 
I just feel like a 3.5 sGPA and 3.6 CGPA is real low for today's standard. I do not want to do DO, so I feel like post-bacc can put me as close to a 3.8 as possible.