3.67 GPA (3.6 science) and 22 MCAT chances for medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theman88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so what are my chances to get into a medical school in florida?

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty low. The FL schools from my quick googling have averages > 25 at least, usually around 29-30 though I may be mistaken. What were your individual scores? I'd recommend a retake!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone with a 3.9 GPA and 24 MCAT that got into 3 Florida schools.
it's the 3.9 GPA that did it, and also some severe connections he must've had with some faculty there. are any of those schools DO institutions? and was he a resident? those two things may explain the 24 admission as well. at this point I would not get any false hope and just retake the exam, a 22 is pretty dire and will screen you out of many schools' secondary apps not to mention take you out of the running for a few helpful scholarships. in my opinion study hard, retake the exam and hit the app cycle hard next year...i'm sure you'll kill it.

You could try Lake Erie or Nova Southeastern. That MCAT is still really low, even low for Puerto Rican and some Caribbean schools.

it's the 3.9 GPA that did it, and also some severe connections he must've had with some faculty there. are any of those schools DO institutions? and was he a resident? those two things may explain the 24 admission as well. at this point I would not get any false hope and just retake the exam, a 22 is pretty dire and will screen you out of many schools' secondary apps not to mention take you out of the running for a few helpful scholarships. in my opinion study hard, retake the exam and hit the app cycle hard next year...i'm sure you'll kill it.

I don't know if any one of them were DO or MD, and I don't really think it's appropriate to ask. If medical school is what you want, whether you're a good doctor or not doesn't necessarily depend on the initials after your name, right?
No, she wasn't a resident of Fl. In fact, she didn't get into any schools in her resident state, and her advisor told her to "apply to Fl because it's easier to get in". I DON'T understand why he would say that...but it worked.
Maybe hers was a freak case? I'm not sure. Oh, btw, I saw that she took Kaplan for her MCAT...but then again, a friend of mine got a 35 and took Kaplan as well.