3.73/514 School List Revisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ctlau

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'd appreciate any and all feedback regarding my school list:

University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University
Columbia University
Keck-USC
University of Washington
Washington State University (Elson S. Floyd)
Thomas Jefferson Unniversity
Frank H. Netter at Quinnipiac University
Creighton University
Eastern Virginia Medical School
University of Miami
Georgetown University
Saint Louis University
Tufts University
Chicago Medical School (Rosalind Franklin)
George Washington University
Brown University (Warren Alpert)
Rush Medical College
Temple University

Should I apply to more schools? Specifically, any lower tier schools? People have suggested Loma Linda, Loyola, Drexel, and Cooper. I omitted those because they were unranked. Also, I am WA resident. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Silly question, but have you used MSAR to compare your stats and see which schools they align to best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly question, but have you used MSAR to compare your stats and see which schools they align to best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup! Based on MSAR, these schools are generally within my range, with the exception of the first three schools (which are reaches).

Members don't see this ad :)
Please don't apply to Loma Linda. So many of those are really low yield (aka >10000 applicants for ~200 seats or less) so no matter what your stats are and how well you're matched for somewhere like georgetown, tufts, GW, templs, EVMS, creighton, Jeff, its still not likely for anyone to get in. You need more mid/low tier state schools with <7000 apps.

Drexel is not unranked, and you should definitely apply there! FIU is unranked, but it has a very good match list/avg step 1 score, so that might also be an attractive option.

Reactions: 1 user
Please don't apply to Loma Linda. So many of those are really low yield (aka >10000 applicants for ~200 seats or less) so no matter what your stats are and how well you're matched for somewhere like georgetown, tufts, GW, templs, EVMS, creighton, Jeff, its still not likely for anyone to get in. You need more mid/low tier state schools with <7000 apps.
There are only two WA state MD schools. What mid/low tier schools are you referring to? Thank you!

Looks good. Remove Brown. I would consider adding SUNY Downstate, Stony Brook, Ohio State, MCW, VCU, Wayne State.

Last edited:
Remove the 3 reach schools and consider adding these:
New York Medical College
Drexel
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Tulane

There are only two WA state MD schools. What mid/low tier schools are you referring to? Thank you!
Not necessarily in state ones, find ones with reasonable OOS % and stats, for me its places like VCU, MCW

Honestly you could probably reach a little higher. Definitely keep the lower tier schools on there, but why not add another reach school or two to your list? For reference, I am also a WA resident, have the same MCAT score, had a similar GPA, and I am reaching higher than you are right now. So unless application costs are a limiting factor you, I would find a couple reach schools that appeal to you or where you are well suited for the school mission.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Remove the 3 reach schools and consider adding these:
New York Medical College
Drexel
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Tulane
Do you think legacy would contribute at all? I have immediate family members that attended Columbia and USC for higher degrees and undergrad. I have extended family employed at CWRU Medical school.