3.73/523 CA ORM | Advice on trimming down school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dirtcobain

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, I'd like advice on my school list considering my profile (average everything, but high MCAT).
Hours are estimated for now, and whatever is listed will be done by app time.

• UCSF, UCLA, UCSD, UCI, USC, Kaiser.
  • Stanford
  • Duke
  • Columbis
  • Pitt
  • WashU
  • Mayo
  • Vanderbilt
    • Emory
    • Mount Sinai
    • Case Western
    • Brown
    • Colorado
    • Virginia
    • Wisconsin
    • Ohio State
    • Rochester
    • Iowa
    • Boston
    • Dartmouth
    • Tufts
    • Cincinnati
    • Jefferson
    • Miami
    • Einstein
    • Hofstra
    • Temple, VCU
  • F
    • Saint Louis
    • Western Michigan
    • Vermont
    • Tulane

• MY LIST ABOVE

Remove Brown as they take a lot of their own undergrads and maybe other Ivy League graduates. Saves yourself a little extra money.

Wisconsin is also a little out there unless you would really like to go there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Goro for the edited list!

Remove Brown as they take a lot of their own undergrads and maybe other Ivy League graduates. Saves yourself a little extra money.

Wisconsin is also a little out there unless you would really like to go there.
Awesome, will do. Didn't realize that about Brown, and Wisconsin just seemed like a good school but yea low OOS

I would delete all of the OOS schools where your MCAT is above the 90th percentile as including Phoenix.
Ooh ok, but wouldn't that make the list very top heavy? But thank you, I'll definitely take the advice and remove the majority of those schools though and maybe keep a couple.

They would yield-protect against you as you are a very good candidate stats wise. Check the 90th percentile, but I imagine the OOS schools that would still be interested would probably include Ohio State, Cincinnati, USF Morsani, Iowa and UVA.

Vermont, UCF, UMass, Loyola and Colorado (I think) for example are going to think you won’t attend.

Reactions: 1 user