3.7cGPA 3.5sGPA 36 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrenchieLover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll make this short: I did horrible my first two years so I've been taking tons of science classes but unfortunately I might get an A- this semester which will bring my sGPA down. In the beginning of the year I calculated how many credits i would need to get a 3.6 sGPA. I am already scheduled to take 4 science classes next spring (immunology, virology, etc etc) but was wondering if it is even worth it to take so many classes now that I can't achieve that 3.6 and will stay in the high 3.5's?

Sorry if I'm making this a big deal but I guess it was a goal I set myself after failing all my gen eds basically :/

My MCAT score is alright but I do have great EC and LOR.

I'll be applying next spring (2012)

Members don't see this ad.

I'll make this short: I did horrible my first two years so I've been taking tons of science classes but unfortunately I might get an A- this semester which will bring my sGPA down. In the beginning of the year I calculated how many credits i would need to get a 3.6 sGPA. I am already scheduled to take 4 science classes next spring (immunology, virology, etc etc) but was wondering if it is even worth it to take so many classes now that I can't achieve that 3.6 and will stay in the high 3.5's?

Sorry if I'm making this a big deal but I guess it was a goal I set myself after failing all my gen eds basically :/

My MCAT score is alright but I do have great EC and LOR.

I'll be applying next spring (2012)
You have a great MCAT score. It also sounds like you have a very strong upward trend in your grades. I see no big red flags.

I have no strong opinion about taking all 4 of those classes in the spring. It honestly is not a huge difference between "high 3.5" and "low 3.6"

Congrats on your years of hard work to get to this point