3.7cGPA/3.65sGPA 39MCAT top tier chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harvst

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think your chances look solid for the top schools. You still have a semester left, so you still have a chance to improve your GPA. How long did you tutor disadvantaged high school students (this was a volunteer position, right)? Was the poster in an on-campus symposium or at a conference in oncology?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for you encouraging words nemo. The tutoring is a volunteering position that I've been doing since freshman year. The poster was for an on-campus symposium.

Okay that's good then. Do you have any hobbies that you would be listing on AMCAS?

If possible, could you ask your PI if you could submit an abstract to a conference and present there? Getting a grant and doing a thesis will look good for your app and presenting at a conference would solidify it more.

How good is your conversational Spanish? Any chance you can use it serving the Hispanic community in a comminity clinic?

I would say it's pretty good and using it to benefit the community is the end goal. Just wanted to clarify, I'm ORM.