3.7s GPA, 26MCAT, Chemical Engineering Major, Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjp19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I said:
15 mins from NEOUCOM
any chance of me getting in? I know Neoucom is predominantly BS/MD so im guessing that really lowers the number of traditional acceptance.
What about Write state, or maybe post-bacc somewhere in ohio?
If i dont get in this application period I plan on re-taking.
What are my options?

Members don't see this ad.

As I said:
15 mins from NEOUCOM
any chance of me getting in? I know Neoucom is predominantly BS/MD so im guessing that really lowers the number of traditional acceptance.
What about Write state, or maybe post-bacc somewhere in ohio?
If i dont get in this application period I plan on re-taking.
What are my options?

I would say, assuming you have decent ECs and experience, that you should consider applying to DO schools. You can never judge your chances at just one school, you need to apply very broadly to a lot of places. If you apply to some MD programs that are known for being less MCAT-focused you might have a chance there, but you really need to apply BROADLY to a lot of schools to have a chance.

Don't let them tell you that NOBODY will accept you with an MCAT on the low end. If the school's average is 30 there WILL BE people with less than 30s who get in. You need to be open to DO and/or retaking, though.

Aggie08 must be wise beyond her years. That is great advice and is exactly the approach I took this year. Seems to be working out pretty good, but you definitely cannot put all of your eggs in one basket even if you are rocking a 4.0 40mcat. Ohio U has an outstanding DO school! You are probably competitive for Toledo as well. Michigan is right next door with a couple of good programs.. I'm from Ohio so I am rooting for you! Good luck