3.8/520 ORM school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carnitasburrito

Reaction score
Ecs:

Leadership:
Founder of nationally recognized nonprofit(1000+ served, featured in magazine, won international award)
Codirector of two other intl nonprofits(1000+ served in rural areas in two african countries, got 5 news features in intl news outlets)
Founder of intl literary publication, published 80+ writers from 10+ countries around world

Research
4k hours over 3 years, NIH post bac and research at lab of famous bench scientist , both related to same topic(helped lead project with PI, 2 posts/intl conferences)

Nonclinical/teaching: lead teacher for immigrants, refugees, etc, for 2-3 yrs

Clinical:300 hrs over 2 years - Helped start new program with hospital director

Reason for medicine: relates to research narrative/ and leadership narrative

School List:
vanderbilt
duke
stanford
ucsf
cornell
yale
mayo
northwestern
umich
georgetown
icahn
uva
baylor
ucla
uchicago
washu/
emory
case
icahn
perelman
hopkins
grossman
usc
Dartmouth
boston
tufts
UNC
brown

Members don't see this ad.

Previously,

I thought you had more details before you redacted them in the earlier post. Like, your service orientation activities.

I'm sure you'd get some attention, but I'm struck why you didn't just go for MPH. Why do you have to gain clinical skills?

Previously,

I thought you had more details before you redacted them in the earlier post. Like, your service orientation activities.

I'm sure you'd get some attention, but I'm struck why you didn't just go for MPH. Why do you have to gain clinical skills?
U mean public health? im not really interested in that

Members don't see this ad :)
Overall seems strong, though low clinical hours and self-absorbed tone were off putting to me. List is too top heavy. Include mid-tier schools with good OOS numbers.

Overall seems strong, though low clinical hours and self-absorbed tone were off putting to me. List is too top heavy. Include mid-tier schools with good OOS numbers.
What was self absored? Lmao

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Also about clinical, i cant be bothered to do more cuz most top schools value research more anyways lol

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
U mean public health? im not really interested in that

Then, can I ask why you are interested in medicine? I think medical narratives are very effective when they convey challenges pertaining to public health. Social determinants of health comprise a big chunk of your education in medical school too.

Reactions: 2 users
Then, can I ask why you are interested in medicine? I think medical narratives are very effective when they convey challenges pertaining to public health. Social determinants of health comprise a big chunk of your education in medical school too.
i wanna go into surgery

i wanna go into surgery
How does your track record with non-profits and fundraising help your profile that surgery is where you want to be? Name some books you have read that were written by surgeons and why they have significantly impacted you (this should be easy).

How does your track record with non-profits and fundraising help your profile that surgery is where you want to be? Name some books you have read that were written by surgeons and why they have significantly impacted you (this should be easy).
oh name them in my essay? alright. research i performed surgery so thats mostly why, nonprofit work is just a side passion of mine. didnt realize everything i did has to be related to medicine, lolol.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
oh name them in my essay? alright. research i performed surgery so thats mostly why, nonprofit work is just a side passion of mine. didnt realize everything i did has to be related to medicine, lolol.
You have described your non-profit work in thousands of hours vs. a few hundred with clinical. Absent of a bonafide resume and timeline, your strength comes from your experience in non-profit management. So why not pursue it as a full career as others have done? Your passions are shown with the hours you spent making an impact.

You can name the authors in the thread here... not sure how it fits in your essay.

Last edited: