October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.
Thanks for the tips! I might be wrong, but I thought Washington University strictly accepts people from its state/region?You could add these schools:
Remove Geisinger since they have an instate regional bias.
Delete Loma Linda unless you are a Seventh Day Adventist or extremely devout Christian. Delete Geisinger unless you are from the Scranton area.Hi!
I have my school list below. What do you guys think? Is it too top heavy?
Numbers: 3.82, 517
- Clinical volunteering: 102 . All from a hospice center
- Non clinical volunteering: ~ 700. This also includes a service project I founded dealing with girls education in an African country.
- Shadowing: ~150 ( out of US).
- Research: this is clinical research experience coming from 2 medical schools ~4000hrs no papers/posters/abstract
- Leadership: ~300hrs
- Miscellaneous Work: worked all throughout undergrad ~1000+. I also had one summer internship at a well known medical school. It was on healthcare management.
- committee letter with 2 science profs and 2 non-science profs
- Individual letter from my biochemistry major advisor
- Current PI
UNC - Chapel Hill
New York Medical College
Washington University in St. Louis likes high MCAT scores. It is a private school and doesn't have an instate preference.
You will get yield protected from the bottom half of the list. Remove NYMC and Rosalyn Franklin and add NYU and Northwestern.