3.85/517/IL/Reapplicant. School list help please!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kenken514

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a reapplicant and my MCAT was in August 2018. This limits the schools I can apply to. This list has all the schools who will take my MCAT. Green is where I’m planning to apply, yellow is maybes, and red is not planning to apply. I’d love some feedback on my list.

3.85 517
-RA for three years
-other employment (barista, server) during undergrad
-TA for clinical anatomy and gross anatomy for a semester each
-TA for human sexuality for a semester
-hospital volunteering for most of college mostly in their sexual assault and domestic violence crisis center (200 hours)
-medical receptionist during gap year (450 hours)
-medical assistant during gap year (700+ hours and counting)

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2C94A62C-C123-4E8B-8B0E-6F1D8791DB0E.jpeg
    2C94A62C-C123-4E8B-8B0E-6F1D8791DB0E.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 9C12AE0D-A299-4437-9C23-E79F5F41CAC1.jpeg
    9C12AE0D-A299-4437-9C23-E79F5F41CAC1.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 158
Members don't see this ad :)
Why not Loyola, Rush, Rosalind Franklin and Northwestern? They won’t take your MCAT? Since you are a reapplicant maybe consider adding a few DO schools if you are open to doing that. Do you have any nonclinical volunteering focusing on the unserved/underserved in your community. How about dedicated shadowing , especially of a primary care doc?

Illinois but my MCAT is too old for them this year
Your green schools are fine but Minnesota and Arizona accept few non residents with no connection to the state. From your other schools you could add these:
California University
Mount Sinai
NOVA MD
U Chicago
Wake Forest

Reactions: 1 user
Why not Loyola, Rush, Rosalind Franklin and Northwestern? They won’t take your MCAT? Since you are a reapplicant maybe consider adding a few DO schools if you are open to doing that. Do you have any nonclinical volunteering focusing on the unserved/underserved in your community. How about dedicated shadowing , especially of a primary care doc?
Yeah if it’s not on that list it won’t take my MCAT. My hospital volunteering is clinical but I was told my SA/DV crisis center volunteering would be non clinical because I did the phone lines. I’ve shadowed a reproductive endocrinologist and a pediatrician but only for a day each.

Your green schools are fine but Minnesota and Arizona accept few non residents with no connection to the state. From your other schools you could add these:
California University
Mount Sinai
NOVA MD
U Chicago
Wake Forest
Thanks!

Yeah if it’s not on that list it won’t take my MCAT. My hospital volunteering is clinical but I was told my SA/DV crisis center volunteering would be non clinical because I did the phone lines. I’ve shadowed a reproductive endocrinologist and a pediatrician but only for a day each.
Did you get any interviews last cycle? If so, how did the interviews turn out? I’m sure that the crisis hotline will be fine, just make sure you list it as non clinical. Your shadowing is low. How did you significantly improve your application after last cycle? ADCOMS will expect significant improvement. Good luck.

Did you get any interviews last cycle? If so, how did the interviews turn out? I’m sure that the crisis hotline will be fine, just make sure you list it as non clinical. Your shadowing is low. How did you significantly improve your application after last cycle? ADCOMS will expect significant improvement. Good luck.
I had 4 interviews my first cycle and 3 last cycle. I ended up WL at most schools and one a rejection. I worked this past year as a medical receptionist and then a medical assistant so I’ve really improved on my clinical hours.

Reactions: 1 user