3.9 GPA, 519 mcat, help with list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kazramugar1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA & sGPA ~3.94
Mcat - 519 (130/130/130/129)
Canadian citizen, but attended U.S undergrad
South Asian (ORM)
No name private undergrad
~300 hours clinical volunteering (4 years)
2 years of research across two different labs, 3 poster presentations, 2 papers in progress
Shadowed several specialities (~50 hours)
~30 hours non-clinical volunteering
Very minor leadership role (~15-20 hours in 1 semester)
Some research and academic awards from my school, definitely nothing too note worthy.

Current school list:
Stony Brook
Harvard
Upenn
Albert Einstein
Yale
Stanford
West Virginia
Mayo
Mt. Sinai
Vanderbilt
NYU
Cornell
Emory
Dartmouth
Johns Hopkins

Canadian Schools:
Western Ontario
Queen's
University of Toronto

Alrighty then, the way I see it, I've got decent clinical volunteering, average research, paltry non-clinical volunteering and laughable leadership. This list is top heavy and is a work in progress. Assuming that my ECs don't change from now until I apply, how much love can i expect to get from top 10 schools? Top 20? How many safeties should I add to this list? As far as I know Canadian schools are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get, but it's probably ****. So I'm not really banking on them.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Take all the ivies off along with Stanford and Mayo. Unless you want To waste time and money. What college did you attend and what state are you in?

Invest in MSAR and target schools that accepted more than a handful of internationals.

cGPA & sGPA ~3.94
Mcat - 519 (130/130/130/129)
Canadian citizen, but attended U.S undergrad
South Asian (ORM)
No name private undergrad
~300 hours clinical volunteering (4 years)
2 years of research across two different labs, 3 poster presentations, 2 papers in progress
Shadowed several specialities (~50 hours)
~30 hours non-clinical volunteering
Very minor leadership role (~15-20 hours in 1 semester)
Some research and academic awards from my school, definitely nothing too note worthy.

Current school list:
Stony Brook
Harvard
Upenn
Albert Einstein
Yale
Stanford
West Virginia
Mayo
Mt. Sinai
Vanderbilt
NYU
Cornell
Emory
Dartmouth
Johns Hopkins

Canadian Schools:
Western Ontario
Queen's
University of Toronto

Alrighty then, the way I see it, I've got decent clinical volunteering, average research, paltry non-clinical volunteering and laughable leadership. This list is top heavy and is a work in progress. Assuming that my ECs don't change from now until I apply, how much love can i expect to get from top 10 schools? Top 20? How many safeties should I add to this list? As far as I know Canadian schools are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get, but it's probably ****. So I'm not really banking on them.