MD 3.9 sGPA, 4.0 aoGPA, MCAT - 26 Need Opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meddocx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, please give me advice on if you think I would have a shot at MD apps. All suggestions and critiques welcome.

MD Applicant
Black Male
Florida Resident

3.9 sGPA, 4.0 aoGPA, 3.91 Cumulative
Bio Major

MCAT:
9VR, 10 PS, 7 BS

Some of my relevant EC's:
- 1 Lab Research Experience through UF Med (Summer)
- 400+ hours of clinical experience with LOTS of personal patient contact (Employed Phlebotomist/Clinical Laboratory Medical Assistant in a 395-bed Hospital) (Current)
- 200+ hours of shadowing experiences, including consecutive international travel to Haiti (past two years) for medical clinics and speak the language.
-Director of Advocacy for the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network partnership with the Gates Millennium Scholars Program (Political experiences of medicine and lobbying experience on capitol hill) (Current)
- 4 Week Hematology/Oncology rotation through Johns Hopkins Medicine at All Children's Hospital.
- TA for Gen Chem and Microbiology Courses for long term.
- Plenty of hours of community service hours med (Samaritans Free Clinic)/non-med - (Mentoring Programs through church and other programs)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Millennium Scholar

- Very strong leadership positions and experience that are genuine and meaningful and long term.

I feel as though my application as a whole will prove strong, everywhere else other than my MCAT. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: