3.97/519/IL/ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dahood

Reaction score
Hello!
I finished forming a school list to apply to, and after receiving my MCAT score today, I fear that it might be too top heavy. Also, I have 22 schools on my list right now, and was hoping to apply to a few more than that. Any feedback on my list about what schools to remove/add would be greatly appreciated.

-3.97 cGPA, 3.93 sGPA
-MCAT: 519(130/128/131/130)
-State of residence: Illinois
-ORM, first-gen
-Undergraduate: T10
-Clinical Experience:
80 hours at a nursing home,​
70 hours helping at a hospital (with 150 more hours projected before matriculation)​
-Research:
500 hours of basic science research with a poster presentation,​
100 hours of clinical research testing COVID therapeutics(with 300 more hours projected before matriculation)​
-Shadowing: 46 hours
-Non-clinical volunteering: 300 hours fundraising, tutoring, and organizing activities for refugee families and children(with 150 more hours projected before matriculation)
-Leadership: connected to my non-clinical volunteering experience, as I am in charge of other tutors

Here's my list:

University of Chicago
Loyola
Northwestern
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Johns Hopkins
NYU
Harvard
Columbia
Stanford
Washington University
Pennsylvania
Case Western
Mount Sinai
Dartmouth
Albert Einstein
Hofstra
Emory
Mayo
Yale
Pittsburgh
Vanderbilt

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You should include U Illinois since that is your state public school. You could add any of these schools:
Western Michigan
U Michigan
Cincinnati
Rochester
Cornell
Jefferson
Duke

Reactions: 1 users
You should include U Illinois since that is your state public school. You could add any of these schools:
Western Michigan
U Michigan
Cincinnati
Rochester
Cornell
Jefferson
Duke
Thank you very much! Are there any schools you would recommend I remove from my list?

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a well rounded strong app.

U Illinois? Don’t omit your state schools.

Otherwise consider some more mid tiers like Rochester, Cincinnati, OSU, Miami.

Reactions: 1 user