3 days until Test Day!! Kaplan practice tests or Topscore?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdental

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm scheduled to take the DAT in 3 days and need some advice. Do you guys think I should go ahead and take the rest of Kaplan's practice tests? Or should I purchase Topscore and take those tests?

I already took the Kaplan midterm (AA: 18) and the final (AA:20) as well as Achiever test #1 (AA: 17). I want to take 3 more tests that will show me what I'll most likely be getting on the day of the test. Achiever freaked me out but I heard it was harder than the actual thing...so I'm thinking that I would rather do Kaplan or Topscore with the time that I have left.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Would you say that the reading comp on Topscore is comparable to the actual DAT? I think this is the area that I'm struggling in the most. Or maybe the Achiever is just freaking me out?

Argh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go with topscore. Don't do full length achiever if u have confidence issues like I do. I was wondering if u are using destroyer?

I am using the Destroyer. It's helping me out a lot in QR and orgo.

And I have to agree..Achiever definitely kills the confidence.

So this is my status so far:

Kaplan Midterm
(BIO / GC / OC / QR / RC / PAT / TS / AA)

20 / 17 / 19 / 16 / 18 / 22 / 19 / 18

Kaplan Final

18 / 18 / 28 / 18 / 18 / 21 / 21 / 21

Achiever 1

19 / 17 / 19 / 16 / 14 / 18 / 18 / 17

Topscore 1

20 / 16 / 19 / 18 / 21 / 21 / 19 / 19

I just took the first topscore test today. I feel like my scores aren't really consistent..so I don't really know what to think. My test is two days away! Ahh!

What do you guys think?

You should be fine - the DAT is easier for chem and ochem - people who have taken it have said so. Bio is on par, so you should def be able to get a 20+

i say do the other topscores. it's good practice. i did the 3rd one 2 days before my test.

You should be fine - the DAT is easier for chem and ochem - people who have taken it have said so. Bio is on par, so you should def be able to get a 20+

Thanks for the input..you definitely boosted my confidence!

I plan to take the second test tomorrow and we'll see if I have time for the third. I'm still worried about reading comp, though. I did well on topscore and I'm hoping that it's similar to the real thing. There was definitely a lot of questions involving detail..which is why I think I did better. Search and destroy definitely worked this time. Hopefully I can pull it off again tomorrow!

Alright so here's an update on how i did today with topscore:

Topscore 2:

21 / 19 / 30 / 19 / 22 / 23 / 22 / 22

Definitely some improvement. I thought gen chem was a lot harder this time with all of the calculations. I must've guessed right on some answers. Also, reading comp wasn't too bad..I'm still hoping that the actual DAT is like this. Plus, the bio section had a couple of random stuff about some organisms I've never heard of...!

Well hopefully this is a sign that I'll do good on my test..as long as it's similar to Topscore.

:xf:

Alright so here's an update on how i did today with topscore:

Topscore 2:

21 / 19 / 30 / 19 / 22 / 23 / 22 / 22

Definitely some improvement. I thought gen chem was a lot harder this time with all of the calculations. I must've guessed right on some answers. Also, reading comp wasn't too bad..I'm still hoping that the actual DAT is like this. Plus, the bio section had a couple of random stuff about some organisms I've never heard of...!

Well hopefully this is a sign that I'll do good on my test..as long as it's similar to Topscore.

:xf:

awesome dude i also take it thurs...i got a 28 on topscore 2 orgo haha nice job!! and my AA was 21 hope we can bring home a little MJ or kobe on thurs.

good luck!!

my AA and TS were a point lower than yours and I did very well on the real test. U r ready to kill it buddy! Just keep praying and have faith in yourself!:D

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! Hopefully I'll be able to pull off some decent points on topscore test 3 tomorrow. For now, I'm just going to cram every bit of information into my head that I haven't memorized yet.

I can't wait to be done!

Alright so I took the last topscore test today. My results aren't as good as the second test..but I think it's because I'm tired and there were some really random bio questions. Calculations on gen chem were annoying, too.

So here's what I got:

Topscore 3:

19 / 18 / 21 / 20 / 22 / 21 / 20 / 20

What do you guys think? Did you find this test harder or is my just brain exhausted from too much cramming?

Ahh! Test is tomorrow!

would you say the Kaplan full online test resemble the DAT at all?

I took the test yesterday and was seeming to struggle with it, The Chem and Ochem i was running out of time, and Ochem was really conceptual on my Kaplan test..

Anyone can relate to this?

would you say the Kaplan full online test resemble the DAT at all?

I took the test yesterday and was seeming to struggle with it, The Chem and Ochem i was running out of time, and Ochem was really conceptual on my Kaplan test..

Anyone can relate to this?

I would say that Kaplan's online tests are a pretty good representation of the real thing. Except..I felt gen chem was easier on the DAT and PAT was harder. Definitely use crack DAT PAT to prepare for the PAT section of the test!