3 passes on first aid enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qqw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been through FA 3 times, pathoma 2 times....

I have time for another pass... Should i go through FA again or another source or just do questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Agree w/ above poster; it depends how many questions you've done. Some questions I've gotten wrong, I feel like no matter how many times I read that particular section [say on anemia] in FA, I was going to get it wrong everytime until I understood the test taking approach that got me that question wrong.

I did pretty much every NBME question available online, and got 5 of them on my Step 1 (3 of which I got wrong before). Doing the NBME questions also helped me hone my test taking ability. So I'd just do questions from here on out, and if you read FA again, just read parts which are pure memorization, like anatomy, pharm, embryo, etc, things which you might forget quicker than things like heart physiology

thanks for the feedback

kelsch - I've done about 3,400. Reading every explanation whether I got it right or wrong.

malin - That's good advice. I still get some questions wrong, but I feel like its because theres holes in my knowledge more than my approach. in any event, I think you're right to stick to questions from here on out. ill take NBME 17 tomorrow. Then do maybe 300 questions per day til the test along with reinforcement of some weaker areas.