SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

3 prereq Cs

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by cystapharm, Apr 15, 2007.

1. cystapharm

cystapharm 5+ Year Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Has anyone gotten into pharmacy school with 3 prereq C's that you DIDN"T retake? Specifically the science/math ones but could be any prereq.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Idesiretosling

Idesiretosling 2+ Year Member

Oct 20, 2006
    I guarntee people have but my question to you is why risk it? Retake the courses over the summer and get As. You hear people telling you GPA isn't everything bla bla. I had a C in statistics and Physics I and I talked to my advisor and she told me what I am going to tell you, why risk it just retake the classes in summer and get As then there isn't anything to fret about! At my school almost every pharmacy prereq is offered in accelerated format in summer, so it is easy to retake classes, most big universities should be the same and the smaller ones probably.

How I thought about it was I really did not want to be talking to the admission people after getting a rejection letter and have them telling me I needed to raise my prereq GPA! so i retook the 2 courses.

4. cystapharm

cystapharm 5+ Year Member

Nov 28, 2006
    I don't want to sit thru those classes again lol. its too dreadful. I'd rather spend time focusing on my upper division classes and completing my degree. And its time consuming and costs money.

5. Idesiretosling

Idesiretosling 2+ Year Member

Oct 20, 2006
    I understand...Any cost is an investment though towards getting a degree that will give you a great living! If you are not planning on retaking the courses then there is no use in worrying about them, just do well in upper division and press on.

6. penguins429

penguins429 7+ Year Member

Feb 7, 2006
    - i did -- i had a W that i retook and got a C ... and quite a few other C's too ... but in order to be accepted, your application will have to have other strengths ...

7. sputnik25

sputnik25 2+ Year Member

Feb 2, 2007
    SoCal
    gpa when accepted 3.4
    however I did gets C in the following classes without retaking them
    1st quarter of General Biology
    2nd and 3rd quarter of General Physics
    BioChemistry 1
    Anatomy 1
    Fortunately I swept the rest of my classes with A's or B+'s
    They were impressed that I received an A in every Chem class (except Biochem) that I had (Chemistry Major) as well as raising my GPA steaily from a 2.5 my first year to a 3.4 this year

8. themorphinerule

themorphinerule 7+ Year Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Hey, I got 3 C's as well... in Physics, Calculus and English II, and I did horrible on the PCAT (which is under lock and key so don't bother asking):smuggrin: . I had a 3.5 GPA with 90+ credits.. military healthcare experience, drug store management experience, been a tech for 4 years and I think my interviewers admired my honesty when I told them I cried nightly because I knew I was going to get a C in Physics and no matter how much effort I put in, I couldn't get better than that. I think they saw my seriousness and dedication to my studies. Interviewed Friday, received my acceptance letter dated that Monday. It was awesome. C's aren't the end of the world as long as your other grades balance. I was very frank in my interview and told them how much I loved Organic Chemistry (which I do). I got an A and a B in the 1st and 2nd levels respectively, so don't sell yourself short because you got C's. It's not the end of the world.

9. CrazyFox

CrazyFox Ex-Pre-Pharmie 2+ Year Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Illinois
    themorphinerule, which school did you get in? vbmenu_register("postmenu_5038824", true);

10. themorphinerule

themorphinerule 7+ Year Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Wingate University

11. StringTheorist

StringTheorist 5+ Year Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Gainesville
    some schools, like UF, dont have grade forgiveness. if you get a C, and retake it, they will not average your grades nor take the best grade. so i read... you should check on this, though

12. CrazyFox

CrazyFox Ex-Pre-Pharmie 2+ Year Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Illinois
    thanks and congrats

13. KellyBean

KellyBean 2+ Year Member

Jan 14, 2007
    In the middle of nowhere
    So many C's that I lost count.