Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
30 and starting from scratch. Once upon a time I was getting a Masters in Theology. 4 year, 121 credit program that I have a little bit more than half completed; life circumstance changed all of that. The pipe dream is med school for medical missions: the freedom that gives vs NP, PA, or anything like that is alluring. The leadership, difficulty, responsibility, and help that the education brings is also something I find extremely attractive.
Essentially I'll be taking community college courses for 2 years to get my sciences caught up, go to a post-bacc 1 year Masters in Medical Science, and then apply from there. Shadow/volunteer/mission trips throughout this 3 year process. I plan on continuing working full time for the pre-reqs and then during the post-bacc guage what workload I can handle from there.
Is that too ambitious? Am I being insane? Is it better to just go back for a 2nd bachelors? Is it nuts to thing this far out and not have a specialty in mind? Out of the light researching I've done, most orgs that do work overseas really only want to talk to you AFTER you're out of med school.
Essentially I'll be taking community college courses for 2 years to get my sciences caught up, go to a post-bacc 1 year Masters in Medical Science, and then apply from there. Shadow/volunteer/mission trips throughout this 3 year process. I plan on continuing working full time for the pre-reqs and then during the post-bacc guage what workload I can handle from there.
Is that too ambitious? Am I being insane? Is it better to just go back for a 2nd bachelors? Is it nuts to thing this far out and not have a specialty in mind? Out of the light researching I've done, most orgs that do work overseas really only want to talk to you AFTER you're out of med school.