30 days to study step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonofva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so during semester I really didn't have time to study for boards like i had planned. i really got through reviewing about half the systems, and maybe like 400-500 questions. no basic sciences really whatsoever. our school only gives us 30 days really to study for step one.

i am using DIT as a first pass of FA, and then reviewing FA on my own for a second pass. i may try to read rapid review micro a bit. but realistically i think that's all i'll have time for.

i know people say read FA "X" amount of times or this and that. am i screwed? i can only really think seriously for like 9 hours a day,too, before i feel completely shot...i don't know how people do 12 hour days!

**i'll also be using qbank along the way
***i should also add that i'm taking COMLEX only, and that I have 3 days of OPP review planned also

Members don't see this ad.

Well, it depends on what your starting point is. How are you doing on your Qbanks?

so during semester I really didn't have time to study for boards like i had planned. i really got through reviewing about half the systems, and maybe like 400-500 questions. no basic sciences really whatsoever. our school only gives us 30 days really to study for step one.

i am using DIT as a first pass of FA, and then reviewing FA on my own for a second pass. i may try to read rapid review micro a bit. but realistically i think that's all i'll have time for.

i know people say read FA "X" amount of times or this and that. am i screwed? i can only really think seriously for like 9 hours a day,too, before i feel completely shot...i don't know how people do 12 hour days!

**i'll also be using qbank along the way
***i should also add that i'm taking COMLEX only, and that I have 3 days of OPP review planned also

I think you should be fine as long as the quality and efficiency of the last month is on point. I myself will begin studying in the first week of May giving me about 5-6 weeks before taking my Step (COMLEX in late June) and I am aiming for the best I can do by complete repitition via a tri-headed attack of FA/Uworld+ComBank/Pathoma.

Good luck man, i do believe it is possible and you will do it!

I love DIT, but it'll be hard to get through it that quickly if you haven't made a full pass of FA yet (unless you're starting from a very solid baseline).

On the other hand, with only 30 days to go, it's probably a good idea to start DIT as soon as possible.