• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

sonofva

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
so during semester I really didn't have time to study for boards like i had planned. i really got through reviewing about half the systems, and maybe like 400-500 questions. no basic sciences really whatsoever. our school only gives us 30 days really to study for step one.

i am using DIT as a first pass of FA, and then reviewing FA on my own for a second pass. i may try to read rapid review micro a bit. but realistically i think that's all i'll have time for.

i know people say read FA "X" amount of times or this and that. am i screwed? i can only really think seriously for like 9 hours a day,too, before i feel completely shot...i don't know how people do 12 hour days!

**i'll also be using qbank along the way
***i should also add that i'm taking COMLEX only, and that I have 3 days of OPP review planned also

jumpmanv15

7+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
so during semester I really didn't have time to study for boards like i had planned. i really got through reviewing about half the systems, and maybe like 400-500 questions. no basic sciences really whatsoever. our school only gives us 30 days really to study for step one.

i am using DIT as a first pass of FA, and then reviewing FA on my own for a second pass. i may try to read rapid review micro a bit. but realistically i think that's all i'll have time for.

i know people say read FA "X" amount of times or this and that. am i screwed? i can only really think seriously for like 9 hours a day,too, before i feel completely shot...i don't know how people do 12 hour days!

**i'll also be using qbank along the way
***i should also add that i'm taking COMLEX only, and that I have 3 days of OPP review planned also

I think you should be fine as long as the quality and efficiency of the last month is on point. I myself will begin studying in the first week of May giving me about 5-6 weeks before taking my Step (COMLEX in late June) and I am aiming for the best I can do by complete repitition via a tri-headed attack of FA/Uworld+ComBank/Pathoma.

Good luck man, i do believe it is possible and you will do it!

About the Ads

shan564

10+ Year Member
May 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I love DIT, but it'll be hard to get through it that quickly if you haven't made a full pass of FA yet (unless you're starting from a very solid baseline).

On the other hand, with only 30 days to go, it's probably a good idea to start DIT as soon as possible.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.