30 on AAMC #3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

studmuffin

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is a 30 a good score for my first full length test? I'd like to score 35+ on the real deal. Is there any consensus on the average improvement from the first full length to the real thing? I realize I have only one data point, but some prediction would be nice.
 
Is a 30 a good score for my first full length test? I'd like to score 35+ on the real deal. Is there any consensus on the average improvement from the first full length to the real thing? I realize I have only one data point, but some prediction would be nice.

Are you done content review? And when's your MCAT? 30 is definitely a pretty good start.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just finished content review yesterday, so its all full lengths until the real deal.

If you're maxing out (up to your interpretation of what this means) in your PS and BS sections, then you probably will not be able to improve enough to a 35 since verbal is a lot of luck (assuming you got ~10 on AAMC 3). If you feel like you could've gotten 2-3 pts higher in BS and PS, then 35 is definitely possible.
 
a problem for me in the sciences is going through the questions too fast and not marking or reviewing when i have plenty of time left over. even with this i can still get 11-12 in each section every time, but i really need to make the effort to spend more time and read accurately and consistently and i feel i can get 13-14 on the real deal. as for verbal, ill be happy with a 9-10 because i got a 6 on the real thing in may.