30PAT/21AA/20TS DAT Breakdown + Practice Test Scores (I also need advice on Bio section please!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woopdewoop

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I hope you've all been doing well :)

I recently took my DAT and got the following scores:
PAT: 30
QR: 23
RC: 23
Bio: 17
Gen Chem: 21
Orgo: 21
TS: 20
AA: 21

I'm very happy with most of my scores, but concerned about the Biology being a 17. Will I still be okay with these scores to apply for schools in May/June? (Current GPA: 3.9, Science GPA: 3.88) I would really appreciate advice on this; thank you!

Now for the breakdown on studying each section. I would like to first start off with thanking Bootcamp and Chad's Prep videos! These were really the only resources I used to study for the DAT! This helped me TREMENDOUSLY!! Like no kidding, my first practice tests were a bit rough (scoring 14-16 in some sections!). All of the resources that were provided were thorough and very in-depth. I would not have scored this at all without them- Thank you!

Practice test scores:
PAT: 20, 21, 21, 21, 20, 21, 21, 21 20, 21
QR: 18, 17, 19, 18, 20, 19, 18, 20, 18, 19
RC: 22, 21, 22, 23, 25, 22, 24, 21, 20, 26
Bio: <14, 17, 17, 17, 17, 18, 19, 18, 16, 19
Gen Chem: 16, <15, 20, 18, 17, 19, 20, 22, 20, 20
Orgo: 16, 14, 16, 18, 16, 17, 17, 18, 18, 17

As you can see, there were quite a few low scores in my sections when I first started out haha. I was able to really learn along the way of how to properly study for my brain to work. I learn the best from learning from mistakes on practice tests and then revisiting videos/lessons on those particular subjects to go more in depth. Also Anki. Lots of Anki for Orgo.. lots.

Actual sections:

PAT: I found this section really fun- almost like a game. I just used Bootcamp's generators and practice tests for this section. I didn't really prep this everyday, but I would use the Bootcamp app to practice on the toilet. I'm really happy to have scored a 30! I would say Bootcamp's material is a bit more difficult than the test, but it is highly representative! I would say to not neglect any of the sections in PAT. I focused my studying time mainly on keyholes and TFE since those were harder in my head. However, on test day, cubes(!!!) were probably the section I stayed longest on.

QR: I absolutely love algebra, but I was not strong at all in statistics or SUFFICIENCY. I didn't take statistics before, so I was learning about permutations and all that from Bootcamp. Bootcamp videos helped a lot from the question bank! Very happy with this score :)

RC: Reading has always been one of my stronger points, but it really depends if the text is interesting. Unfortunately, one of the passages I got on tests day was not too fun. I didn't really study this section though, since I figured that my daily reading on anything counts :') But I would've definitely tried to read more scientific articles now.

Bio: Sad. This subject is just so BROAD. I wish I used Bio Bites earlier on! I literally started using it 2 days before my test.. THEY ARE VERY HELPFUL PLEASE USE IF YOU CAN. I focused too much on the subjects I felt like I wouldn't do too good on, just to neglect the subjects that actually ended up on my test... When they say breadth over depth- please listen. I'm not sure if my 17 will be good enough, but just hoping for the best.

Gen Chem: Chem has never been one of my top subjects, but as my scores started improving, I was having a lot more fun with it! Mike's videos were great! :)

Orgo: Absolutely did not like Orgo at the beginning of studying, and still kind of don't but less so! Chad's videos were AMAZING! AND ANKI! Orgo just seems like puzzle pieces in my head now, but I enjoyed learning and I am satisfied with my score, seeing that I was expecting an 18 on it.

Thank you Bootcamp, Chad, and Anki!

I hope that I won't need to retake :') Thank you! I wish everyone studying the best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! A lot will depend on the school you want to attend with that 17 in Bio. Your AA and TS are good for most schools especially with your high GPA. A retake is not necessary unless you are applying to a very competitive school for acceptance or Ivy league, it is always best to check out the school stats or contact them directly.

Wishing you the best.

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

Congratulations! A lot will depend on the school you want to attend with that 17 in Bio. Your AA and TS are good for most schools especially with your high GPA. A retake is not necessary unless you are applying to a very competitive school for acceptance or Ivy league, it is always best to check out the school stats or contact them directly.

Wishing you the best.

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers
Hello! Thank you very much :) I think for the schools I'm looking to apply to seem fine with these scores, so that's a relief haha.
Thank you for your reply- I appreciate it! I hope you're doing well and taking care!

Hello! Thank you very much :) I think for the schools I'm looking to apply to seem fine with these scores, so that's a relief haha.
Thank you for your reply- I appreciate it! I hope you're doing well and taking care!
That's excellent news! Keep us posted on where your interviews and acceptances, I always like good news!

Nancy

Members don't see this ad :)
I just want to say that many schools focus a lot more on the PAT because that can be indicative of how well you can progress through sim lab, hand skills, and recognize various patterns in dentistry. A 30 on the PAT can stun admission officers. I'm a predental student and this is just my opinion but you should be very, very happy with your scores, with Bio, genchem, and orgo having some room for improvement. Congratulations!

• Care
After using both Bootcamp and Booster I can tell you first hand Booster Bio will get your score where you want it. I think booster has much more relevant practice questions. Your scores are solid but if you decide to take it again Booster will help you smash that Bio section.