33q 3.84 gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dkangoroo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I recently received my MCAT scores back. It was a 33Q (Verbal 10, Physical Sciences 11, Biological Sciences 12) My GPA from UCSD is 3.84, however I am a transfer student and my GPA from my community college is a 3.3. My brother got sick the first quarter I transferred to UCSD. I took an academic leave to be with him through that time. I was not able to do any extracurricular activities while he was sick. After he passed away, I returned to school, but I was so busy playing catch-up with school that I was not really able to do any ECs. I was able to squeeze in one summer (9 hours a week) of volunteering at a community clinic, a spring and summer at a clinical research office (12 hours a week), volunteering at ronald mcdonald house cooking dinner once, and shadowing a surgeon once.

So this is my situation right now, 33Q, 3.8 GPA from UCSD and 3.3 GPA from Community College, but a limited amount of EC. UCSD school of medicine is my first choice, but really, i would be happy getting into any medical school. Can you guys help guide me in what schools I should be looking at and what are my chances?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There are three kinds of California applicants: the 800+/5000+ who get into CA schools, the 1500+/5000+ who get in OOS and the rest who don't get in. You look like one of the 1500+ with the info provided here. Do some research and apply to at least 15 OOS schools that might interview you and you should be good.

Thank you for your reply. What am I looking for when I research OOS schools?