36 MCAT, 3.87 sGPA, 3.88 cGPA International Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedpurposes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an international applicant, but I'm studying at a top 20 US school for undergrad.

My MCAT is 36 - and my science GPA is 3.8+, cGPA is 3.8+

My EC is heavily weighted on research - more than 1000+ hours in the same lab. I have some clinical volunteering (100h) and some shadowing (50h). I have some good leadership ECs as well at a couple student groups.

Please let me know what kinds of schools I should aim for

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you a Canadian international? If not, I think Mayo no longer accepts international applicants unless they are from Canada. You should double check that, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
the match school you list aren't really match schools since they are all top schools. yeah your stats align with them, but you need more schools with lower stats

the match school you list aren't really match schools since they are all top schools. yeah your stats align with them, but you need more schools with lower stats
I have added SLU, GWU and Georgetown. Does that help?

I have added SLU, GWU and Georgetown. Does that help?

I would remove Brown from your original list because they prefer people from their own undergrad and 1/3+ of their class comes from their BS/MD program. Additionally, GWU and Gtown get 11k+ applicants every year, so I wouldn't apply to them unless you have compelling reasons for wanting to attend.

Reactions: 1 user
Where are you from? Unless you're Canadian, international competition is freakin' stiff.

Where are you from? Unless you're Canadian, international competition is freakin' stiff.
I'm Canadian, which makes it slightly easier for me compared to other internationals. I'm applying to Mayo and NYU because they seem to favor canadians