3rd Round UT Interview Invitations, Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

julierx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there have been two rounds of interviews at UT, and was informed there would be two more. Has anyone received an invitation for the third round?

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, I thought there were only 3 rounds, not 4. I interviewed in March...

I received an email from Dr. Wilcox last week saying that I was still be considered and that I should receive some info sometime this week. I have not interviewed yet. I have been checking my email constantly and checking this forum to see if anyone got any new news because a few other people on here also got that email. Did you get it?

Members don't see this ad :)
There are only 3 interview rounds...the last one I believe is the end of April

I received an email from Dr. Wilcox last week saying that I was still be considered and that I should receive some info sometime this week. I have not interviewed yet. I have been checking my email constantly and checking this forum to see if anyone got any new news because a few other people on here also got that email. Did you get it?

Yes I did receive that email, Iv'e just been waiting. Hopefully we hear something soon..

i interviewed second round, but a friend of mine who hasnt interviewed yet emailed wilcox. he said that interview emails will be going out at the end of this week so keep your fingers crossed

I am just agonizing waiting to see if I get an email from Dr. Wilcox. This is pure torture!!!

I got an email from Ann Spencer for the April interviews about 2 hours ago. I am a reapplicant who has previously interviewed if that matters.

I did not get an email, but congrats to you! When is your interview? Did anyone else get one from the group that got the email from Dr. Wilcox last week?

I also received an interview request. The interview dates are April 20th and 21st.

JulieRX, are you sure there are going to be a total of 4 interviews this year because usually they only have 3....I got the email from Dr. Wilcox last week...but no interview email...but im also a reapplicant so I have no clue whats going on and whether I'd need to reinterview or not...just waiting and hoping for the best!

Hey, I did not receive an invitation today either, but I did receive an email last week. As for the three or four rounds, when I spoke to Ann Spencer in March, she said there would be two more rounds in April. But since others who have actually interviewed say otherwise, I think there may be only three. I know that if I don't recieve an invitation tomorrow, I am going to call Monday morning and find out the details. I really need to make alternate plans if UT doesn't work out.

well it looks like everyone who got the email last week did not get the one this week so at least we are all in the same boat..but its quite confusing bec last week there were reapplicants,people who had already interviewed,and people waiting for interviews who all got the same email from Dr. Wilcox....lets hope things get cleared up soon..hopefully in our favor!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you interview last year? I didn't, and my application including my GPA improved a lot. I took over 40 hours since last year with all A's at UT. If that isn't enough, I'm not sure what is. I thought I would at least get an interview this year. Hopefully things will work out, but it's looking pretty grim :(

I did get the email last week from Dr. Wilcox and then the interview email yesterday, so some people did get both.

I actually interviewed 2 years ago...not sure whether I need to reinterview or not..basically very scared right now!

UT's visit scheduling system from their admissions site

http://bealonghorn.utexas.edu/pharmd/interview/apr/

I'm a reappicant. Interviewed last year. Got the letter last week from Dr.W. Got an invitation letter yesterday.

Hey, I clicked on that link and it took me to the page with all the interview date options, but I never got an email. I'm not sure if it's a glitch in the system or I will be getting an email. PharmD131, what happens if you click the link?

ya it lets me register too lol...im pretty sure its a glitch...i dont think you are supposed to know about the link unless u got the email in the first place..i guess we should wait and see if we get an "update" today or maybe email Dr. Wilcox saying that we were supposed to hear something this week but havent. I'm just really confused :(

ya it lets me register too lol...im pretty sure its a glitch...i dont think you are supposed to know about the link unless u got the email in the first place..i guess we should wait and see if we get an "update" today or maybe email Dr. Wilcox saying that we were supposed to hear something this week but havent. I'm just really confused :(

So logged in with my sister's UTEID, and it said you cannot access this page without being invited, so who knows....

hmm that is weird...but has ur sister applied to pharmD also? maybe we should email Dr. Wilcox or call the office.

hmm that is weird...but has ur sister applied to pharmD also? maybe we should email Dr. Wilcox or call the office.

No, she's a business student. I think I'll give them a call after class later on today, if I don't get an email.

I just emailed Dr. Wilcox..I'm not sure if he will reply today but you might still want to call...I'll keep you posted if I hear anything further...Good Luck and don't give up hope!

hey you guys. anyone who turned in a pharmD application can use that link...so if you didn't personally get that link, then you weren't invited. :( (so, don't register for a time...I don't think that would look good)...

ya thats what i figured...dont worry we know not to register without being invited first lol..that would totally throw us into the denial pile!

lol :) I wonder if they would even know... :)

hey julierx,

dr. wilcox just replied to my email..he said i should be getting an april interview email this evening and a letter in the mail about the interview as well...so u should be getting one too!!!! just watch your email. im so relieved!!!!

Hey that's great! Let me know when you get your email. Congrats!

I just got the actual interview invite about an hour ago. I'll be going on Saturday April 21st...hopefully I can see you there!

congrats!!! good luck to you and whoever else gets an interview :) It's very relaxed...but don't look forward to the tour and video. I would leave right after my interview if I could go back... :)