3rd time applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kleenex101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any third time applicants around, just curious ..need some moral support here !

Members don't see this ad.

3rd times the charm
good luck =)

I am a third time applicant this year accepted off waitlist to University of Washington! Stick with it, it will pay off!

Members don't see this ad :)
It took me three tries to get into med school and I eventually matched into my number 1 residency. If you stick with it and you want it bad enough, you will get it.

4th time for me.......applying to dental school is now my hobby!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied 3 times, rejected... moved onto podiatry

Hey guys, what are your stats, if you dont mind me asking?

Good luck applying this year! I've heard of people who applied at least 4 times. So hang in there, we're all here to support each other!

this is my 2nd time......what have u guys done to make ur application stronger?

Re-taking DAT in july, became a full-time dental assistant, updated LOR's, and took a few grad courses over this year. Never give up if it is what you want. :thumbup:

Third time applicant as well,I applied yesterday. I got into PITT yesterday too but I have not decided whether to accept it or not.

Third time applicant as well,I applied yesterday. I got into PITT yesterday too but I have not decided whether to accept it or not.

I am confused? You applied yesterday and got accepted? How is that and why wouldn' you accept? Take it if you got it, because it may not come around again!

Re-applying as well. I was just interested in which schools you are applying to? Have they always been the same schools?

more of everything.
gpa (masters), new DAT (did real well 1st time, but its 3+ years old now), more shadowing, more research (full time job), more volunteering, etc.

more of everything.
gpa (masters), new DAT (did real well 1st time, but its 3+ years old now), more shadowing, more research (full time job), more volunteering, etc.

Hey i really respect people that dont give up. Success is a journey not a destination.

more of everything.

i took my DAT in july of 06, do you think i should retake?